75, 75, 75. Christina Rice was ruled by that number. She didn’t feel right unless she hit that magic target — 75 minutes of exercise — at least six days a week. Working out was the only thing that relieved the anxiety she felt as a student at UCLA, and it was a healthy way to manage her stress. Until it started to take over her life.”I clung to that workout every day,” the Addicted To Lovely blogger explained. “I needed it to feel better. It turned into working out longer and harder every day, and it spiraled out of control.” Around that time, Rice got into clean eating, a movement based on eating whole, minimally processed foods. She’d been having digestive issues, and after reading horror stories about the dangers of sugar, carbs, and fat online, she started restricting her diet to focus only on the cleanest, “purest” foods. The 23-year-old cut out all sweets, fruit, starches, and most fats. Without intending to, Rice started losing weight at a dramatic pace, dropping 40 pounds in less than three months. Courtesy of Christina Rice Eventually, Rice realized she struggled with exercise addiction and orthorexia — an obsession with healthy eating… Read full this story
- Can clean eating become an unhealthy obsession?
- Paleo, clean eating and intermittent fasting: Nutritionist reveals the popular diets that REALLY work - and the ones to avoid if you're trying to lose weight
- Vaping nearly killed me, says British teenager
- Oversharing: how Napster nearly killed the music industry
- Niki Lauda's great rivalry with James Hunt - and the crash which nearly killed him
- Melanie C 'bans talk of diets' around daughter after eating disorder battle
- Final Four Guide: 5 Restaurants To Try Near U.S. Bank Stadium
- "Mommy Blogger" Heather Armstrong Monetizes The Hate
- Master Your “Body Clock” to Eat, Sleep, and Work More Efficiently
- 'They are setting such a bad example': Food blogger, 24, slams 'influencers' who over-edit their photos on social media - saying it creates an 'unattainable image'
One Blogger's Obsession With Exercise and Clean Eating Nearly Killed Her have 333 words, post on www.prevention.com at December 26, 2018. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.