In general, while people are interested in making gains and getting ahead, they are often more motivated to avoid losses and missing out . That is why making something scarce, limited, or difficult to obtain can make it more desirable . As it turns out, that type of influence works in love, to make dates and mates more desirable as well. After all, that is why we have expressions like “playing hard to get,” “you don’t know what you got ’till it’s gone,” and “absence makes the heart grow fonder” when talking about dating and relating too. In the course of writing here, I have explored a few different dating and relating tactics that make individuals more appealing and attractive, by being less available or more selective. Specifically, I have looked at playing hard-to-get , being more selectively available , and appearing popular and desired by others . In this post, I will review those strategies further, blending in the research on scarcity in general—and helping you decide when and how to use each approach to be more attractive as well. Playing Hard-to-Get One of the most straightforward ways of appearing more scarce and desirable is to simply play hard-to-get. This increases… Read full this story
- Inside ‘Apex Legends’: The ‘Fortnite Killer’ That Attracted 25 Million People Its First Week
- How Much of the Internet Is Fake? Turns Out, a Lot of It, Actually.
- UK woman detained in Dubai over Facebook comment
- Top 10 Pembrokeshire pubs
- The alternative city guide to Lyon, France
- Adventure in Albania: kayaking in one of Europe's final frontiers
- Sky netted a sweet Premier League deal but the TV rights bubble isn’t over
- Inside the Binge Factory
- Brandenburg in Eastern Germany happy to get a Tesla Gigafactory
- Designing The Next Generation Of Wearables, With Women In Mind
Is It Attractive to Be Selective, Popular, or Hard-to-Get? have 290 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at December 31, 2018. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.