The 3rd round of matches kickstart on Day 9 at the Men’s Hockey World Cup 2018 with Pool A teams in action. Argentina are safely through to the knockout stages and will secure a place as the team to directly enter the quarter-finals from their pool whether they win or even draw against Les Blues.
The lowest ranked team in this edition — France — have really displayed some tremendous fighting spirit in both the matches they have played thus far. World Number 8 New Zealand would have thought that the match against France — who are ranked 20th as per FIH — would be a cakewalk but they were in for a real surprise.
Les Blues fired in more shots on their opponents’ goal and caught them unaware. They were fearless while going forward and played like they have nothing to lose. Even though they lost the match against New Zealand, the French players really won the hearts of those spectators present at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneshwar.
Jeroen Delmee would be proud of how his boys performed in the match as they could have caused a major upset had they taken their chances a little better.
The Victor Charlet-led side managed a 1-1 draw against a superior Spanish team which speaks volumes of their ability. Saying that they can upset a team like Los Leones will be hoping for too much too soon — a draw would not be too bad of a result for them in the upcoming match. This will give them a good chance of making it to the crossover stage, depending upon how the match between Spain and New Zealand pans out.
2016 Rio Olympics gold medalists should not have much trouble surpassing the French challenge. It will act as a match to help Germán Orozco decide his perfect starting line-up for the quarter-final stages. Los Leones faced a stern challenge from The Red Sticks — Spain — in their first match and won the 7-goal thriller 4-3. However, they really came to their own in the 2nd match as they thrashed New Zealand 3-0.
Drag-flick specialist Peillat scored an important brace in the first match. Mazzilli is having the time of his life and is in blistering form, having scored 3 goals in 2 games. The other Argentine players have also all found their rhythm and they are looking like real title contenders now.
Here is all you need to know about the upcoming match between Argentina and France:
Event: Men’s Hockey World Cup 2018
Venue: Bhubaneswar, India
Date: 6 December 2018
Time: 7:00 pm Indian Standard Time (IST)
India: Star Sports, Star Sports HD
UK: BT Sport
Australia: Fox Sports
New Zealand: Sky Sports (NZ)
South Africa: SuperSport
Live Streaming: Hotstar, FIH Official Youtube Channel
Live Updates: Sportskeeda
Argentina would not be taking this match lightly even though they are already through to the knockout stages. A big win against France would fill their players with confidence and that is exactly what we can expect from the game.
Score Prediction: Argentina 4 – 1 France
Follow Sportskeeda for all the latest Hockey World Cup Points table, schedule, stats & previews
Topics you might be interested in:
Fetching more content…
Fetching more content…
- Tryouts set for Street Child World Cup 2018
- Brazil books World Cup berth, Argentina tumbles
- Messi presents World Cup 2018 ball in Moscow
- Argentina vs Chile in SAmerica World Cup race
- 10 World Cup greats
- England will play Belgium, Panama, and Tunisia in Group G of the 2018 World Cup
- King’ Messi turns 27 in World Cup spotlight
- Messi treble fires Argentina to World Cup as Chile exits
- More than 26 million watch World Cup final in US
- Harimau Malaya Supporters Explain Why Flares Were Thrown During World Cup Qualifier Game
- Former US National Team member goes on epic rant after World Cup elimination: ‘What are we doing!?’
- Argentina's gutsy World Cup team is welcomed home
- Brazil celebrates rival Argentina’s World Cup defeat
- Argentines hold heads high after World Cup loss
- ‘China’s Maradona’ carries nation’s World Cup hopes
- Pope to Rio youth: Jesus better than World Cup
- The United States is out of the 2018 World Cup with embarrassing loss
- Russia ready for World Cup launch
- World Cup scalping scandal continues in Brazil
- Brazil rethinks future after World Cup failure
Hockey World Cup 2018: Argentina vs France have 694 words, post on www.sportskeeda.com at December 5, 2018. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.