China in 2018 leads the world with 37 orbital launches as of Tuesday, followed by the US with 34 and Russia with 18, information on aerospace information website Rocket Launch shows. As the US and China have one scheduled rocket launch this week, aerospace analysts say 2018 will mark the first year that China surpasses the US for space rockets in a year, a landmark for China’s space exploration efforts. © AP Photo / China Launches Twin Satellites With Single Carrier Rocket – ReportsTuesday’s satellite was launched just after midnight by a Long March-3C carrier rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center in Southwest China’s Sichuan Province, the Xinhua News Agency reported. Compared with an experimental satellite, the satellite launched on Tuesday is expected to test advanced technologies including quantum communication, Huang Jun, a professor at the School of Aeronautic Science and Engineering at Beihang University, told the Global Times on Tuesday. The test satellite is also likely to be used for military purposes, Huang said. Although China started later than the US, the country has made remarkable progress in the space race through strong national policy support and investment in talent, Huang said. The launch was the 296th mission of the Long March carrier rocket series. © Twitter/DafengCaoWATCH: China’s OneSpace Launches Landmark RocketSince the first successful launch in 2008, the Long March 3C rocket has carried a BeiDou… Read full this story
- Russia's Soyuz rocket is back in action two weeks after failed launch forced two astronauts to make an emergency exit
- Run, rabbit, run! China releases 308lb rover named Jade Rabbit 2 to trundle across the far side of the moon at a maximum speed of 220 yards per hour carrying out mineral, biological and radiation tests as it prepares to build a 'lunar base'
- China Successfully Touches Down Chang'e 4, First Soft-Landed Craft on the Far Side of the Moon
- Rocket Report: SpaceX says it would launch weapons, Bezos plays for defense, too
- Israeli moon mission to blast off in February and place a 'time capsule' on the lunar surface
- Economic Growth and Innovation Top the Agenda at Brasilia BRICS Summit
- A look at every North Korean missile test in 2017
- US Air Force on the Hunt for ‘Arsenal Plane’ to Carry Hypersonic Weapons
- Could the US Stop Nuclear Weapons?
China Launches More Rockets than US, Russia in 2018 have 380 words, post on sputniknews.com at December 27, 2018. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.