Navratri is going to be observed from 26 September and will continue till 05 October 2022. The nine forms of Goddess Durga are worshipped during this period of nine days. The Navratri falling during the Ashvin month is known as Maha Navratri.
It is either the main festival or is celebrated as one of the most popular festivals in most of the states of India. A fast on each day during these nine days, for each form of the Goddess is observed during the festival. These fasts are concluded by the Kanjaka Pujan on the ninth day.
Significance Of Navratri
Markandeya Puran mentions the reasons behind the celebrations of Navratri. Durga Saptashati is one of the parts of the Purana. It explains the story of the birth of a girl who was the incarnation of Goddess Shakti herself. (Goddess Shakti, also known as Maa Durga and with various other names as well, is the primary deity of the followers of Shaktism tradition of Hinduism).
She defeated many demons, among whom Mahishasura was probably the most powerful. The battle and then the defeat of Mahishasura along with his agents, at the hands of the Goddess is celebrated as Navratri.
Navratri Dates And Ghat Sthapana Muhurta 2018
Sharadiya Navratri is observed during the Hindu month of Ashvin. This corresponds with the months of September-October according to the Gregorian calendar. This year it will be observed from October 10 to October 18. Ghat Sthapana is done on the first day, the Pratipada Tithi (fifteenth of the bright fortnight). Pratipada on October 9 will begin at 9:16 am and will end at 7:25 am on October 10. The muhurta will remain from 6:22 am to 7:25 am (1 hour 2 minutes) on October 10.
Oct 10: Prathama – Devi Shailputri
Four Types Of Navratri
Four types of Navratri are observed in a year, which correspond to the Hindu months of Chaitra, Ahadh, Ashvin and Magha. Those falling during Chaitra and Ashvin are the most important.
Navratri falling during the Ashadh and Magha are known as Gupt Navratri celebrated primarily by those who perform Tantrik rituals for healing and cure with the help of black magic. Fasts and celebrations take place during Gupt Navratras as well, though not with much fuss.
Tenth Day After Navratri
Navratri is observed for a period of nine days and the tenth day after that is observed as Vijaya Dashmi celebrating the victory of the good over evil as Lord Ram had defeated Ravana on this day, which is popularly known as Dussehra. (Similarly, the tenth day after Chaitra Navratri is observed as Ram Navmi). Since the Navratri will conclude on Mahanavmi, October 18, Dussehra will fall on October 19, 2018.
faith mysticismDurga Puja 2022: Temple Of Goddess Biraja In Jajpur
faith mysticismNavratri 2022: Maa Durga Vehicle In 2022 Is Elephant; Know the Significance Of Maa Durga Vahan
horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 23 September 2022: Today’s Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
festivalsRavan Dahan On Vijayadashami: Time, Rituals, Weapon Worship, Effigy Burning, Celebrations, And Significance
festivalsNavratri 2022: Day-Wise Significance Of Nine Colours And Their Meaning
horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 22 September 2022: Today’s Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
faith mysticismMangala Gauri Temple: Interesting Details About Goddess Durga Of Gaya
horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 21 September 2022: Today’s Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
faith mysticismDurga Puja 2022: Kichakeshwari Durga Temple Of Odisha
horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 20 September 2022: Check Today’s Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
faith mysticismDurga Puja 2022: Know About The 500-Year-Old Durga Temple At Nartiang In Meghalaya
festivalsNavratri 2022: Nine Forms Of Goddess Durga For Nine Days
- Indian Super League Announces Dates for 2022-23 Season Playoffs and Final
- Budget 2022 | Government strikes a fine balance between growth and fiscal consolidation
- Exact date to book your holiday so you can avoid extra £25 charge to get to the airport
- When is Magh Purnima celebrated?
- Economic Survey 2023 reiterates National Monetisation Pipeline target at 1.6 lakh crore but with a disclaimer
- The U.S. leveled new sanctions on Russia’s Parliament and defense companies.
- Who Is the Man Leading Germany?
- Why Are So Many Americans Dying Right Now?
- Forget About These Five Rumored Apple Devices Launching This Year
- A Limited Return Of The Stretch IRA? – SECURE 2.0’s New Surviving Spouse Rule
- Brazil’s Lula Promised ‘More Books in Place of Guns.’ Can He Deliver?
- Sex, lies and video cams: Andrew Tate turned women into slaves, prosecutors say
- Sudan’s Tug of War Over City Puts Treaty at Risk
- Today’s Daily Horoscope For Feb. 3rd, 2023 – FRIDAY
- COVID in California: Infection raises risk of high cholesterol, studies find
- Exclusive: NYT Waited 500 Days to Report Hunter Laptop Authentication
- Trump Says the U.S. Should Expand Its Nuclear Capacity
- Medical Testing Services – Tax Considerations Of New Activities
- 9 Dangerous Thing You Should Never Do on Your Router
- Keppel O&M corruption scandal, explained
Sharadiya Navratri 2022: Date, Muhurta And Significance have 826 words, post on www.boldsky.com at October 1, 2018. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.