VIEWERS of Old People’s Home for 4-Year-Olds were left in tears last night, when four-year-old Scarlett told new friend Beryl, 86, about her late mother.
The TV experiment sees children paired up with pensioners in care homes to give them a new lease of life – and fans were immediately taken with Scarlett and Beryl’s connection.
The Channel 4 show is examining loneliness among the elderly, with last night’s episode sending young kids to Lark Hill Village care home in Nottingham to keep the patients company.
Beryl and Scarlett immediately hit it off, and were tasked with writing a party invite to the four-year-old’s mum and dad together.
However, the toddler was heard telling her: “No, my mum’s died. So it’s to Gran-Gran and Daddy.”
Scarlett’s dad Tim later revealed that mum Sally had died after a long battle with cancer nine months ago.
Viewers were left in bits by the scene, and immediately took to Twitter to express their heartbreak for the little girl.
One wrote: “When Scarlett politely announced that her mummy had died so she couldn’t invite her to the party. My heart.”
While another added, alongside a crying meme: “Oh my god. Scarlett losing her mum at three years old.”
Another said: “Oh what a wonderful dad Scarlett has. So sad for her to have lost her mum at such a young age. I pray she’ll be fine but with her lovely dad by her side I’m sure she’ll be fine”
As a further fan acknowledged: “When you think your life is pretty c**p then you see what little Scarlett has been through in her short life…”
Meanwhile others praised the emotional show itself, writing: “This program has taken me on an emotional rollercoaster over the past hour”
And: “Cried approximately 5 times watching
#OPHF4YO such a lovely program, but I’m obviously not emotionally stable enough to watch!”
Tim went on to explain that Sally had been diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015, and was told it had spread to her brain the following year, on their wedding day.
Strictly Seann’s girlfriend dumps him with blistering attack after Katya snog
FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE
How Katya left Russian lover & hooked up with hubby Neil in Blackpool
GIVEN THE ELBOW?
Strictly judges want Seann and Katya booted off show over snog scandal
curse me quick!
Strictly curse strikes again as Seann and married pro Katya snog in street
WHAT A WALLY
Ant and Dec get their revenge on David Walliams with EPIC Twitter comeback
Jamie O’Hara faces jail unless he pays £27k in child support to ex Danielle Lloyd
Katie Price bites toyboy Alex Adderson’s lip as they snog in posh club
HOME SWEET HOME
Inside house guru Martin Roberts’ country pad complete with huge fish tank
cha cha changes
Strictly making Seann Walsh’s next dance with Katya ‘less sexy’ after snog
Strictly star Seann’s girlfriend says she’s had ‘nothing’ from the comic
Trying to fight back tears, he said: “She will always be the little girl whose mum died when she was three.
“But I don’t want her to grow up to be the woman whose life was blighted by her mum dying when she was three.”
Beryl was left equally heartbroken by her words, adding: “Scarlett talks quite openly about her mum, it must have been shattering. You can’t imagine it really.”
Old People’s Homes for Four-Year-Olds continues next Monday on Channel 4 at 9pm
Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- Home Office tells woman born in Northern Ireland to 'prove right to live in Belfast'
- How old is Samantha Mumba, what are the Gotta Tell You singer’s hit songs, who’s her husband Torray Scales and did she date Sisqo?
- Thomas Wolfe’s Dixieland, Thomas Wolfe’s Old Kentucky Home
- Old People Around the World
- California hospital sends 90-year-old patient home in cab without telling family
- Seven Year Switch star Tony blasts show bosses for ‘lying to contestants’
- Death of mother prompts Norfolk woman to shed eight stone
- Emma Bunton demands Robbie Williams apologise for saying ‘he slept with ALL the Spice Girls’
- Holly Willoughby risks annoying neighbours by turning her garage at £3m London home into studio flat for the au pair
- Chris Pine Has Known For Years That He’d Be Back For Wonder Woman 1984
- Superheroine of the Week: Tank Girl, the Rudest, Crudest Aussie to Ever Drive a Tank
- Who is Lukas Radovich? Home and Away actor who plays Alf Stewart’s grandson Ryder Jackson
- How old is Alec Baldwin, how many kids does he have, who’s his wife Hilaria and what’s his net worth?
- The Beauty of the Philippines and its Wonderful People
- Jane Maas, a Pioneer for Women in Advertising, Dies at 86
- Girl, 12, dies, sister injured when horse falls on them
- Who is Christine Woodhall? Ant McPartlin’s mum who was with him when he was arrested for drink-driving
- How old was Dale Winton, how did he die and what TV shows did the Sueprmarket Sweep star host?
- Who is Christine Woodhall? Ant McPartlin’s mum who was with him when he was arrested over drink-driving
- EastEnders viewers sickened after Bev tells Hayley she should have ‘flushed out’ her baby
Old People’s Home for Four-Year-Olds viewers sob after girl tells woman, 86, that her mum died have 895 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 9, 2018. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.