Centre-back Peter Grant will finally get the chance to make his first start for Plymouth Argyle when they take on Doncaster Rovers at Home Park on Saturday. The 24-year-old was among the clutch summer signings made by Pilgrims’ boss Derek Adams. However, Grant was not included in the squad for any of Argyle’s first 10 games of the season, in League One or the Carabao Cup.. Injuries to centre-backs Niall Canavan and Scott Wootton have now opened the way for him to get his Argyle career up and running. Grant made his Pilgrims’ debut as a substitute when Wootton hobbled out of the 2-1 defeat away to Charlton Athletic last Saturday Argyle manager Derek Adams has now confirmed that Grant will start at centre-back alongside Ryan Edwards for the visit of fourth-placed Doncaster. Grant told Plymouth Live: “Obviously, I’m excited. I know what the support base is here and I’m really looking forward to playing in front of a crowd like that.” Grant shared the bitter disappointment of all the Argyle players after their defeat by Charlton. In a game in which they had opened the scoring early on, they were eventually beaten by an 88th minute goal. It was… Read full this story
- Roger Federer to make Bay Area debut in March
- Looking back at Salman Rushdie's The Satanic Verses
- Mick Jagger on 'Wacky' Label Bosses, the Mob and Working with Martin Scorsese on HBO's Druggy, Sexy Vinyl
- The Guardian’s guide to playing netball – part three: centre
- Nine years on from Derrick Rose's MVP season - five NBA careers ruined by injury
- Season full of surprises, disappointments for Vegas Golden Knights
- Malawi court extends order barring planned lockdown
- Kenya women’s handball team ready to right men's 'wrongs'
- Britain falls silent for NHS heroes: Boris Johnson leads one minute tribute to health service staff and key workers killed by coronavirus
- 'They were NOT just numbers': GMB viewers are moved to tears as Susanna Reid and Piers Morgan read out names of healthcare workers killed by Covid
Defender Peter Grant to make full Argyle debut against Doncaster have 331 words, post on www.plymouthherald.co.uk at September 27, 2018. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.