Two globetrotting parents have taken their children out of school and sold all their possessions so they can be paid to travel the world. So far, the ‘Chiang Gang’ have visited five states in the US and Canada and are now in Greece planning their next stint abroad. Mum-of-two Carol-Ann, who was born in Armadale, West Lothian, says their plan was initially met with ‘concerned’ looks from friends when they heard they were selling most of their possessions. They hope to make memories while their children are still young, to escape the headaches of their jobs and to teach their children how lucky their lives are compared to others. Despite taking their kids out of traditional schooling they plan to educate them through ‘hands-on learning’ combined with online lessons. Using the website TrustedHousesitters they are being paid to travel the world taking care of people’s pets and homes while they are away on vacation. Carol-Ann said: “There were a few raised eyebrows and looks, knowing we were giving up nearly everything we own. “We sold a profitable business, a home and the comfort that comes with that, as well as most of our belongings to make it happen. “Initially I… Read full this story
- The 11 different types of mum at the school gates from vegan warrior to gym bunny… so which one are YOU?
- The Milford Chronicles: Taking on one of the world's most famous walks solo
- Nghệ An man takes the path less travelled to success
- Move over, sustainable travel. Regenerative travel has arrived
- Dad and two kids killed in crash pictured as mum who survived 'hysterical from grief'
- Four young children orphaned after mum, 27, and dad, 28, killed in horror crash
- Schools reopening: Staggered starts, masks and year group ‘bubbles’ – how the new term will look
- First picture of mum accused of poisoning five kids before jumping in front of train
- First picture of British mum, 60, killed by speedboat propeller in Corfu
- Mum's desperate climb from wreckage of crash that killed husband and two kids
Scots mum takes kids out of school to get paid to travel the world have 329 words, post on www.dailyrecord.co.uk at August 12, 2018. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.