New Delhi (Sputnik): Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi has declared that the country would be launching its first even manned-mission to space by the year 2022. He was addressing the nation on the occasion of the 72 nd anniversary of India achieving freedom from British colonial clutches.
Elucidating on India’s journey from a fragile economy to a robust investment destination, Prime Minister Modi said, “India was once counted in the Fragile Five, today India is being hailed as a multi-trillion dollar investment destination.”
Earlier, before his address to the nation, Prime Minister Modi led the nation in paying homage to the Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi at his resting place in Rajghat, New Delhi and saluted the freedom fighters who laid down their lives for the country’s independence.
Another highlight of this year’s Independence Day celebrations was the first all-woman Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team for anti-terrorist operations to secure the function at Red Fort, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation.
In 1947, on this day, India achieved independence from the British colonial clutches. Lord Mountbatten, the last British Viceroy of India introduced the Indian Independence Bill in the British House of Commons on July 4, 1947, and passed it within a fortnight. It provided for the end of the British rule in India, on August 15, 1947, and the partition of India into the two dominions of India and Pakistan.
- View: What needs to be done to bring path-breaking efficiencies in public spending in India
- The best Android games available right now (September 2022) | Digital Trends
- In joint Haryana Opp rally, shades of a Devi Lal b’day from 33 yrs ago
- Tata Motors rises 2% after launching hatchback Tiago EV
- Morning Digest | PFI and 8 affiliates banned for 5 years under UAPA; Congress issues notices to three Gehlot loyalists, and more
- All parts of north-east will have 4G and internet connectivity: Union MoS IT Rajeev Chadrasekhar
- PFI ban: MHA cites Kerala palm-chopping, SFI, RSS members’ murders and Tamil Nadu killings
- Marvel World of Heroes is Niantic’s next big AR mobile game
- Ukraine LIVE: Mask slips as Putin reveals one 'minimum' condition he needs to end war
- A British citizen is about to be executed in the US. Liz Truss won’t intervene
- Hurricane Ian: Florida resident carries dog for 3 blocks to escape waist-high floods
- Election Watch | Job promises & his legacy in arsenal, Virbhadra’s son begins Cong poll charge in Himachal
- Pound LIVE: Sterling plummets again - Kwarteng told act now before it's too late
- 72 hours in Abu Dhabi with kids: what to see, do and where to eat
- In Jamaica, A Backyard Farming Movement Has Grown Out Of The Pandemic
- Maryland's Prince George’s County turns to curfew following violent summer
India to Launch Manned Space Mission by 2022, PM Declares on Independence Day have 484 words, post on sputniknews.com at August 15, 2018. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.