FACEBOOK is testing its dating app internally and is using its employees as love-sick guinea pigs, it has been claimed. The social giant’s CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced it was developing the product at its F8 developer conference in May – and revealed the firm is targeting the 200 million users who claim they are single. But now, independent app researcher Jane Manchun Wong has discovered that Facebook is testing the app among its staff. Wong, who is known to uncover new features on the site by looking through source code, posted screenshots of her evidence on Twitter, reports The Verge. The screenshot reads: “This product is for US Facebook employees who have opted-in to dogfooding Facebook’s new dating product.” Dogfooding is a slang term which refers to a firm testing its own product. The message continued: “The purpose for this dogfooding is to test the end-to-end product experience for bugs and confusing UI. “This is not meant for dating your coworkers.” The company confirmed to The Verge that it is testing the app but declined to say whether its employees were using it. Facebook staff taking part in the trial phase were asked to make up their dating profiles using fake… Read full this story
- 'Team to watch' Sauber should be feared by Formula 1 rivals in 2019
- Nico Hulkenberg wants 'big step' from Renault F1 team for 2019
- Is Kamala Harris next to go?: California Democrat on brink of exiting presidential race after firing dozens of campaign staff and dropping to three per cent in the polls
- MLB offseason grades: Phillies dominate the winter; White Sox, Giants, Pirates have lousy report cards
- Panthers begin ‘a new era’ with hiring of three-time Stanley Cup winner as head coach
- Porsche 911 Carrera – long-term test: is a 911 really the best all-rounder?
- It begins: Dolphins trying to trade Ryan Tannehill but details make it tough task
- Testing (Semi) Autonomous Cars With Tesla, Cadillac, Hyundai, and Mercedes
- McLaren F1 star Alonso came close to testing Australian Supercar
- Jaguar's long-serving test driver Norman Dewis dies aged 98
Facebook’s Tinder rival dating app is one step closer ‘as social giant begins testing among its staff’ have 331 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 4, 2018. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.