Aiming to claw back some of the huge amounts of cash that it paid to sign up Clarkson, Hammond, and May three years ago, Amazon is gearing up to launch The Grand Tour video game for Play Station 4 and Xbox One.
As you’d expect, the game will be closely tied to the car-based Prime Original that first streamed for gearheads in November 2016.
So besides “seamless transitions from clips of the show to gameplay,” you’ll also find awesome motors, exotic locations, and outrageous challenges, along with “hours” of original voice acting by Clarkson and his two sidekicks.
Even better, Amazon claims The Grand Tour Game is “the first and only playable TV show in which you get to play the actual scenes you’ve seen on screen.” In other words, they’ll be feeding in show themes as season 3 progresses, allowing you to try the vehicles and tracks as each episode drops. “If they drive a cool car, you can too. If they go to an amazing location, you can too,” Amazon says, adding that the game will offer all the fun of The Grand Tour with none of the “neck strain and hospitalization.” We assume they’re referencing past crashes rather than any unfortunate punch-ups.
Hurl your best insults!
Created by Amazon Game Studios, The Grand Tour Game offers a single player option together with a split-screen mode where players can race against each other “and hurl their best insults — in-person.”
“It’s a video game featuring me, the crashy one, and the slow one. That’s all you need to know,” Jeremy Clarkson said in a release. “If you’ve always wanted to come on the road with us, this is as close as you’ll ever get. Unless you kidnap James and steal his face.”
Speaking of May, here’s his take on The Grand Tour Game: “If you’ve ever wanted to do my job, now you can. Obviously not literally, it’s just a game, so please don’t go through the drawers of my desk.”
And Hammond? “I live in the deep countryside, so frankly I’m impressed by anything that runs on electricity. But I have to admit this game is particularly brilliant, especially the four-player split-screen.”
Craig Sullivan, creative director at Amazon Game Studios, said his team was intent on capturing the spirit of the show, which he describes as “cars, banter with friends, and (mostly) friendly competition.”
So how good is it? Well, if the trailer (above) is anything to go by, the graphics look more Pole Position than DiRT 4, but if the makers have managed to inject some of the show’s unique traits into the gameplay, fans should be happy.
A release date for The Grand Tour Game is yet to be announced, though as it’s linked closely to the show, it should land toward the end of the year when season 3 is expected to start. There’s no word on pricing yet, either. Check back here for updates.
- Get Gears 5’s thrilling mix of story and multiplayer for just $25 on Black Friday
- The best Amazon Original series available now (November 2019)
- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake is all but confirmed as images pop up online
- The best Nintendo Switch games
- Top 10 most-wanted home arcade cabinets, from NBA Jam to Donkey Kong
- Good news for gamers: Playing video games BENEFITS mental health, Oxford University scientist claims
- Video games boost mental health. Let's stop seeing them as a guilty pleasure
- Could YOUR childhood video games be worth a fortune? Expert reveals the PlayStation, Sega and Nintendo classics that could fetch up to £800 second-hand
- The Grand Tour's next episode has a release date and trailer
- AEW video game to be developed by WWF No Mercy director as fans drool with two other wrestling titles in works
- Five best car-related video games to keep your motor running in lockdown
- Jerry Lawson revolutionized video gaming from his Silicon Valley garage. Then the world forgot him
- Balenciaga made a video game to debut its next clothing collection
- David Beckham 'is earning more by appearing as an icon in FIFA21 than he did playing football after signing £40m deal with the video game'
- The best Lord of the Rings games of all time
- What's Coming to Netflix in December 2017? New Releases For Amazon and Hulu, Too
- 17 of the best TV shows to stream on Amazon Prime Video
- The 17 best TV shows to binge-watch on Amazon Prime Video
- 17 best TV shows to binge-watch on Amazon Prime Video
- The 17 best TV shows to binge on Amazon Prime Video
- Best fantasy board games for 2020
- PS5 review: Xbox Series X rival has better games and the BEST controller – but the console is no looker
- PS5 vs Xbox Series X: Gaming titans go head to head – but which wins?
- Google’s Stadia turns a year old. What went right? What went wrong?
- Delivery meowstakes? Amazon apologises to PlayStation 5 buyers who received air fryers, foot massagers and CAT FOOD instead of their much-anticipated consoles
Amazon is turning its ‘Grand Tour’ car show into a video game have 821 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at August 22, 2018. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.