“I have yet to see any note left behind,” late designer’s husband and business partner says in a statement
Published 6:08 pm, Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Andy Spade, the husband and business partner of late designer Kate Spade, hasn’t seen the suicide note reported on in some media outlets.
“I have yet to see any note left behind and am appalled that a private message to my daughter has been so heartlessly shared with the media,” Spade said in a statement published by The New York Times on Wednesday.
Spade died of an apparent suicide on Tuesday, and NYPD Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea confirmed at a press conference that a note was found among her belongings. The details of the message were not made public, but a number of outlets, including TMZ and Page Six, obtained the note addressed to her daughter and reported on its contents.
Latest Entertainment News
- Best summer roadtrips to take around Illinois Fox32
- Lionel Richie DEVASTATED Sofia Got Back With Scott Disick! Hollyscoop
- ‘American Woman,’ Though Set In the 70s, Is Relevant For the #MeToo Conversations Today Cheddar TV
- Kendall Jenner BREAKS IT OFF With Anwar Hadid For THIS Reason! Hollyscoop
- Downtown Omaha celebrations prepare for crowds, safety ahead of events KETV
- European Inventors Awards Euronews
- George Lopez talks Playboy Jazz Festival, Samantha Bee and Roseanne’s apologies and more FoxLA
- Baltimore HONFest celebrates 25 years WBAL
- Questions to ask to find your soulmate with celebrity matchmaker Kaileen Rosenberg FoxLA
“My main concern is Bea and protecting her privacy as she deals with the unimaginable grief of losing her mother,” Spade said. “Kate loved Bea so very much.”
Read the full statement here.
Read original story Andy Spade Says He Only Read About Kate Spade’s Suicide Note in News Stories: ‘I Am Appalled’ At TheWrap
- Student, 18, who survived falling seven storeys as a three-year-old in the arms of her suicidal mother killed herself 15 years later unaware she was pregnant
- Kate Hudson Feels Like She Has a Teammate for the "First Time" Thanks to Danny Fujikawa
- Buses will be better run by local councils, say voters in a new poll
- Convicted torturer got within feet of Prince George in huge security breach as Prince William and Kate Middleton demand probe
- I‘ll commit suicide if the case is settled out of court — Rape victim
- What Christine Chubbuck’s Suicide Says About Today’s Media Landscape
- Andy Burnham: Tories - come and see the human cost of your cuts in the North
- Suicide: Nigerians decry ban on sale of Sniper
- Smiling Meghan Markle joins Kate and other royals for family photo at Trooping the Colour celebrations on first outing since Archie’s birth
- Will Batman Return in The Suicide Squad? James Gunn Has an Answer