Honda Cars, with its sights set at the global electric vehicle (EV) market, is planning to roll out a new EV by the year 2020. According to a Nikkie Asian Review report, Honda’s new EV will be based on its Jazz model with a claimed range of about 300 km between charges. The report further adds that the Honda Jazz EV will go on sale in China and other markets around the world by the first half of 2020. Honda’s current fleet of electric vehicles uses Panasonic and GS Yuasa batteries.
For the new Honda electric car’s batteries, the company has tied up with a Chinese firm called Contemporary Amperex Technology, which should also help it gain better prospects in China. The Chinese Government provides incentives to vehicles with batteries that are locally-made.
There is so far no confirmation whether the new Honda EV will have a completely new design or if it will immediately be recognised as the Jazz. Reports suggest that the Honda Jazz based EV will be priced around $24,000 (Rs 16,36,440) in the Chinese market. When the production of the new EV is in full swing, Honda expects to sell nearly 10,000 of the Jazz EV units every year.
Honda unveiled an electric concept car, based on the HR-V SUV at the Beijing motor show recently. It is slated to go on sale this year under its Everus joint venture marque in China.
For now, Honda only has one electric car is the EV version of its second-generation Clarity which is only the United States. Honda Clarity EV was designed specifically under the Californian laws, with 300 Nm of torque and 129 km of range from its 25.5 kWh battery pack.
Whether or not Honda Jazz EV or the likes of it will make their way to the Indian passenger car market is not confirmed. But considering that brands like Tata Motors are putting a lot of focus on EVs with the unveiling of cars like Tata Tigor electric, other international brands too might eventually launch their full-fledged electric cars here.
Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
- Tesla cuts prices in US as numbers buying its electric vehicles slow down
- Xcel rolling out pilot program for charging of electric vehicles at home
- Lyft is adding hundreds of electric vehicles to its fleet
- Ford reveals first chase-ready hybrid police car, more electric vehicles to come
- BP buys electric vehicle charging network Chargemaster in green push
- The 15 incredible electric vehicles from the Geneva Motor Show
- Tesla unveils Model Y as electric vehicle race heats up, price starts at $39,000
- Toyota speeds up electric vehicle schedule as demand heats up
- India's electric vehicle goals being realised on two wheels, not four
- VW and Ford in talks on self-driving and electric vehicles
- Volkswagen plans electric vehicle plant with JAC in China
- Electric vehicles pick up traction
- The Electric Vehicle Takeover May Happen Sooner Than Anticipated
- Electric Vehicles Could Work For Almost 90% Of Car Trips Today
- Climate goals mean Europe will overtake US in electric cars
- Electric Car Comparison: Volvo’s New EV, Tesla Model 3, Chevy Bolt, BMW i3
- This electric road charges your car while you drive
- I drove a $44,000 Chevy Bolt for a weekend and saw just how far electric cars have come — but I also discovered a glaring problem (GM)
- Honda will not give up on mass-market bikes: Minoru Kato, President, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India
- Tesla Killer: Ford Mustang Electric SUV Spotted In Michigan
Honda Jazz electric vehicle with 300 km range to roll out by 2020 have 591 words, post on www.financialexpress.com at May 25, 2018. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.