Celebrated by the followers of Vallabhacharaya and Lord Krishna, Vallabhacharya Jayanti falls on Magh Shukla Paksh Pratipada. This year, we are celebrating his 539th birthday, on 12th April.
Who Was Vallabhacharya?
Lord Vallabhacharya was the founder of the Pushti Sect, which was founded after his own interpretation of the Vedanta philosophy. He also founded the philosophy of Shudh Advaita. His stories are famous in the Brij and Nathdwar region of India.
He belonged to a Telugu Brahmin family. Lord Krishna had commanded Yagnanaraya, one of the ancestors of Vallabhacharya that he would take birth in the same family after 100 years. So, Yagnanaraya came to the earth again as Vallabhacharaya, a son to Lakshmanna Bhatta and Illama, on the eleventh day of the waning phase of the moon, that is Krishna Paksh Of Chaitra month, in the year 1479 AD. While his other ancestors had lived in Andhra Pradesh, Lakshmanna Bhatt had migrated to Varanasi.
A story also goes that Vallabha had taken birth as a premature baby. The parents therefore left the boy under a tree. That night, Lord Krishna himself appeared in the dream of Illama, Vallabhacharya’s mother and told her that he himself had taken birth as a baby to them. They rushed to the place and saw that the baby was being guarded by a divine fire. The mother immediately grabbed him close to her bosom.
Vallabhacharya went to school when he was seven years old. As a child of eleven, he had mastered the books on all of the six systems of philosophies, had read the Vedas and the Upanishads, and could recite 100 mantras from the beginning to end in the reverse order as well.
Vallabhacharya – As The Learned Traveller
A story goes according to which, once in the court of Tulava King Krishnadeva Raya, Vallabhacharya had won a debate and earned 100 gold mohurs. Since then, he is also
He visited the holy places of Venkateshvar and Lakshmana Balaji and left a remarkable impression in the hearts of the public there and therefore was conferred the title of Bala Saraswati. Vallabhacharya had explained the meaning of Bhagvata Purana at 84 places, popularly known as Chaurasi Baithak.
Krishna Appears Before Vallabhacharya
Once in his dream, Krishna had appeared before him in the form of Shrinathji to disclose the “Brahma Sambandh” to him. When he woke up, he asked his disciple, Damodar Das, whether he also heard some sounds at night.
Damodar Das replied that while he did hear some sounds, he could not infer the meaning. Vallabhacharya was by now sure it had been God himself who had appeared in his dream.
A Look At His Personal Life
All through his life, Vallabhacharya wanted to remain a celibate. However, following his Guruji’s advice, he married Mahalakshmi and had two sons named Gopinath and Vitthalnath. Vitthalnath is also known as Gosainji.
Vallabhacharya Jayanti Celebrations
This form of Lord Krishna is worshipped till today by his followers with the same zeal and religious fervor. Temples are decorated with flowers and songs and aarti is sung after Lord Krishna’s Puja.
yoga spiritualityPancha Mahapurusha Yogas: Formation, Types, Effects, And Yoga Cancelling Combinations
zodiac signsBest Yoga Poses For 12 Zodiac Signs
diet fitnessDeepika Padukone’s Fitness Routine: A Mix Of Yoga, Pilates And Concentrated Workouts
diet fitnessYoga For Strength, Flexibility And Mental Peace: All In 15 Minutes!
wellnessCan Exercise Keep Your Brain Young? Which Exercises Can Prevent Cognitive Decline?
faith mysticismInternational Day Of Yoga 2022: Swami Avdheshanandji Leads Josh MASH Yoga Day Campaign
diet fitnessInternational Day Of Yoga: From Delhi To Beijing, Thousands Begin Their Day With Yoga
wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2022: What To Do Before And After Yoga Practice
diet fitnessInternational Day Of Yoga 2022: What is Yoga Nidra? Benefits And How To Perform
skin careInternational Yoga Day 2022: Beauty Benefits Of Yoga And Yogasanas You Should Try
wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2022: How To Do Yoga At Home?
yoga spiritualityInternational Yoga Day 2022 Highlights: Yoga Is A Way Of Life, Says PM Narendra Modi
- TN 12th Result 2018: Tamil Nadu HSC Class 12 result declared; 91.1% pass
- HBSE Haryana 12th result 2018 date and time out: Here is how to check
- CGBSE Class 10th, 12th results 2018 to be declared today, check time
- Windows 10 April 2018 Update: Known Problems And Their Fixes
- Association of Gaming Equipment Manufacturers (AGEM) Releases April 2018 Index
- Small And Midsize Luxury SUV Sales In Canada – April 2018
- Windows 10 April 2018 Update causing Chrome and other apps to freeze
- LGI Homes, Inc. Reports April 2018 Home Closings
- Sporty Car Sales In America – April 2018
- Top 20 Best-Selling Cars In America – April 2018
- How To Free Up To 46GB Storage After Installing Windows 10 April 2018 Update?
- April 2018 tea exports up on last year
- April 2018, Laba Asuransi Umum Tergelincir
- MP Board 10th, 12th results 2018 declared
- CBSE Class 10th, 12th Results 2018: How to check directly on Google – Step by step guide
- Launch of the April 2018 International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) Regional Economic Outlook for Sub-Saharan Africa on Tuesday, May 8, 2018
- Today's (12th May 2018) Daily Horoscope: Find out what the stars have in store for you today
- ASTROLOGY: Weekly predictions 06th –– 12th may 2018
- Private Equity Africa Awards, 12th June 2018, London – Shortlist Announced
- Sri Lanka tea exports up in April 2018, Low grown production down
Vallabhacharya Jayanti: 12th April, 2018 have 890 words, post on www.boldsky.com at April 10, 2018. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.