Spending two weeks without their dog, Abal, wasn’t easy for the Galanti family. But reunited, it’s hard to tell they were ever apart. “He’s back to his old self – chasing squirrels, getting used to being retired,” Nicole Galanti said Sunday, during an interview at her home in Wenonah, Gloucester County, where friends, family and others who had supported the Galanti’s fight to have Abal retired from his post in SEPTA Transit Police’s K9 unit gathered. More than two dozen people came to celebrate Abal’s highly-anticipated return, bearing colorful toys and treats – and even a special cake made for dogs. Guests greeted the the burly dog with affection, petting him as he lay in the grassy yard and throwing toys for him to fetch. Retired SEPTA K9 Abal plays with a new toy as 10-year-old Cole Galanti and his cousin, Madeliene Harper, also 10, swing in Wenonah, Sunday, April 22, 2018. Abal was returned to his former handler, Officer Richard Galanti, after weeks of separation. (Lori M. Nichols | For NJ.com)Lori M. Nichols | For NJ.com The day marked the end of a nearly month-long ordeal for the family, who lost Abal when his handler, Officer Richard Galanti, was transferred out of the unit suddenly after more than a decade of decorated… Read full this story
- Freedom for Christmas: Several families could be allowed to meet for up to a week in December in relaxation of Covid rules - despite scientists warning Boris Johnson it will 'throw fuel on the fire' of the pandemic
- The Untouchables: An Investigation into the Violence of the Chicago Police
- Kirana warriors: On the frontline of battle against Covid-19, but unsung and unrecognised
- Families of the 21 victims of 1974 Birmingham pub bombings hail 'monumental' arrest of 65-year-old suspect in Belfast as they say 'we've been waiting a long time'
- From TV presenter Jill Dando to estate agent Suzy Lamplugh: Britain's top 15 unsolved murders which are still baffling police
- Maharashtra Police reports 253 new COVID-19 infections among its personnel
- All the Verzuz Battles, Ranked
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's ex-fiancé Nick Gordon, 30, spent his final hours downing tequila shots, smoking pot and snorting heroin, as newly released photos show grisly aftermath of hotel room where he overdosed
- Matt Hancock promises care homes will FINALLY be able to allow in-person visits over Christmas thanks to rapid Covid-19 tests
- Free-flu jabs will be offered to all over-50s this winter as NHS battles 'twin threat' of seasonal illness and coronavirus
Police K9 finally retired to family who loves him after battle with SEPTA have 402 words, post on www.nj.com at April 23, 2018. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.