Running is a strenuous workout process that involves a great deal of muscle strength and body fitness.
In running, a lot of activity is involved which induces high levels of metabolism that burn the excess fat stored in the body. The body sweats a lot as a result of the heavy activity that it undertakes.
Running is good for you as it relieves stress and makes your body fit and active. But remember, only if you are physically fit (without any prior medical ailments like cardiac arrest, arthritis, hypertension, etc.), only then go for running.
In case of poor health conditions, running can aggravate your problems even more.
While undertaking this exercise, the energy level in the body rises which results in greater pumping of blood in the heart.
Such a condition for a pre-existing cardiac patient can lead to another heart attack. So it is advisable to seek medical consultation before opting to run.
However, many of us are frequent runners, almost every morning. But there are certain post running practices which we need to reconsider.
1. Sitting For Long:
Yes, running is a strenuous physical activity and often people are short of energy. Under such circumstances, sitting down idle for long hours is not the correct way to give your body the adequate resting time.
Instead of sitting around, engage yourself in right physical activities like freehand exercise, yoga or meditation. This will help to replenish the lost energy faster and revitalize you for a second round of running session.
2. Staying In Dirty Clothes For Long:
Running involves undergoing physical activity that results in sweating. Sweat as we know contains germs and bacteria which when it comes in contact with human skin can cause dampness or skin irritation. Further, it can even lead to cough and cold if the sweat is allowed to dry on the body.
Therefore, staying in dirty clothes post running can be harmful for your health. Shower in warm water to make your body feel fresh and eradicate any virus threat.
3. Not Drinking Enough Water:
It is essential to understand the importance of water before, during and after completing a running session. Water is the main fluid that helps to keep our body hydrated for a longer span of time and flushes out the toxic particles from the body. Therefore it is imperative for runners to hydrate their body according to their running capacity before and during running. However, after running when the body falls short of energy, fluid is the most important thing that the body requires. This will replenish your energy faster and give the body adequate recovery time.
4. Doing Too Much Work:
Prior to a running session if you think of doing too much work or indulge in heavy physical activities then it can be detrimental for your muscles which are still in their recovery stage. It is advisable to engage yourself in light activities like walking, doing light household works, etc. to keep your body fit and active and to retain the energy.
5. Eating Unhealthy Foods:
Just because you have completed a running session and burnt down enough calories doesn’t mean that you can crave to eat unhealthy junk foods for the rest of the day. In order to appease your hunger after running, it is important to eat healthy and nutritious food that will not only induce proper digestion but will also be beneficial for your waistline.
Eating pizza or burger will ruin all the hard work that you have put in during running and will further lead to weight gain and make you feel sluggish for the rest of the day.
6. Avoiding Breakfast:
A healthy breakfast is the key to kick start a fresh morning and remain active all throughout the day. Avoiding breakfast after running can make you feel weak and inactive. This is because a lot of energy has been utilized in the process of running and only healthy food can revitalize your body.
So these are some of the activities every runner should keep in mind after completion of the running session. Following these simple rules will make them more healthy and active.
diet fitness10 Exercises That Burn More Calories Than Running
kidsHow To Deal With In-Toeing And Out-Toeing In Children
diet fitnessMarathon: Health Benefits, Injuries & Diet Tips
diet fitnessThese Simple Habits Can Help You Lose Up To 5 Kilos In A Month!
newsJust A Minute’s Running Daily May Boost Bone Health, Study
diet fitnessRunning Versus Swimming: Which Is A Better Form Of Exercise?
diet fitnessWhat Is Runner’s High? Does Running Give You A High?
diet fitness8 Ways To Burn Calories Fast At Home
wellnessFoods That Can Cause Poop Problems While Running
diet fitnessCommon Running Mistakes That You Are Making Unknowingly; Avoid Them
diet fitnessJoin The Tower Twisters Anniversary Run!
diet fitnessBad Habits That Keep You From Running
- 1 man, 1 goal, 150 days of running and eyes set on Iron Man Challenge
- Colin Farrell keeps things casual as he dons a black tank top over matching jeans while out on a coffee run
- Christina Milian keeps it cozy as she shows off her baby bump in grey sweats while running errands in LA... after pregnancy with third child
- Who needs enemies? People reveal the WORST things a friend has ever done to them - including stealing a spouse and framing them for theft
- Timothee Chalamet bundles up in green Prada jacket as he makes coffee run in NYC... in between SNL rehearsals
- Maya Hawke rocks a casual button-up shirt on the set of Stranger Things as she films a scene with Joe Keery and new costar Joseph Quinn
- Shia LaBeouf heads out on his daily morning run after ex-girlfriend FKA twigs filed lawsuit accusing him of 'relentless abuse' and 'sexual assault'
- India vs Australia: Nathan Lyon says Virat Kohli's run out was massive moment
- Biden's chief foreign policy appointment: his running mate
- How India’s long-distance running community coped with the pandemic
- Tiffany Haddish's Kids Say the Darndest Things series gets resurrected by CBS after getting canceled by ABC in May
- Google kills off Android Things, adding yet another product to its ever-growing graveyard
- India Vs Australia, Adelaide Test: Day 2 Highlights: Ashwin claims a four-for as Kohli & Co take 62-run lead
- Google to shut down Android Things early next year
- Renee Zellweger runs errands in Los Angeles... as new documentary celebrating the 25th anniversary of Bridget Jones's Diary is set to air
- Emma Roberts covers up her baby bump in baggy sweatshirt during an errand run in LA... as she awaits birth of her first child
- Jeff Lewis reveals he recently had an awkward run-in with former best friend and co-star Jenni Pulos ... two years after their infamous fall out on the finale of Flipping Out
- Learner driver, 24, who killed young woman in hit-and-run while 'showing off' before swapping seats with her boyfriend so he could drive off is jailed
- Tim Flannery hits a home run with anti-violence message
- Hailee Steinfeld admits the fascination with her love life is a 'tough thing to comprehend' as she talks life in the public eye and breaking boundaries
Never Do These Things After Running have 1208 words, post on www.boldsky.com at December 1, 2017. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.