Digital disruption hasn’t reached its zenith, leaving many CEOs still desperate to learn how to get ahead of it. Fear not: PwC principal Tom Puthiyamadam is on a mission to save corporate C-suites from themselves. Some CEOs are embarking on vision quests to help navigate digital disruption, which is marked by a shift in profitability from one prevailing business model to another. Puthiyamadam, who leads the PwC’s digital services practice and oversees its experience center, recalls one recent conversation with a CEO client who attended a “digital bootcamp” in Europe. The CEO was told he must join Twitter and that his business would be disrupted in two years. Puthiyamadam quickly assured the CEO that the threats weren’t so imminent. Indeed, he regularly cautions clients against acting rashly because the wrong bets, from service ideation to technology choices, can set a business back years. “Don’t believe you need to act frantically and in panic mode because your business is going to get completely overwhelmed,” Puthiyamadam tells CIO.com. It’s sage advice, perhaps easier to hear than to follow at a time when businesses are being rapidly disrupted. Two-thirds of business leaders believe their companies must pick up the pace of digitalization to… Read full this story
- Prioritizing customer relationships helps businesses become disruption-proof
- Getting to the purpose of digital transformation: Put relationships and trust first
- Sterlite launches an industry-first digital inclusion solution 'STL Garv'
- Billions are being invested in digital healthcare. Why are we not seeing the results?
- HKBN staff staking their salary in the name of digital transformation
- YouTube channel Hopead TV’s digital classical concerts connect artistes and rasikas
- Digital transformation: The difference between success and failure
- Digital transformation to realize Vietnamese aspirations
- Are banks on right track of digital transformation?
- Digital transformation: The new rules for getting projects done
Digital disruption: 10 ways to survive and thrive have 299 words, post on www.cio.com at December 15, 2017. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.