Choices – in life, most of us are spoilt for choices when it comes to most of the things. Be it with food, career options, vacations – you name it!
To be honest, without choices, our lives would be rather simple and straight-forward.
Although having choices is a positive thing in most cases, it can also make a person get into a lot of dilemma, when he/she cannot pick one single choice.
Now, we already know that exercise is one of the best practices that every human should adapt to, as it can keep us extremely healthy and help treat and prevent a whole range of diseases.
By exercising, we can remain fit and toned, thus improve our appearance and remain youthful for a longer period of time.
In fact, regular exercise can help maintain your weight and thus prevent lifestyle diseases like obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, joint pain, indigestion, infertility and many more.
Exercising can also impart a good mental health, as it increases the serotonin levels in the brain, thus providing a nice relief from stress and depression.
So, as we can see exercising on a daily basis can be the key to good health.
Now, coming back to the choices, there are numerous, even when it comes to exercising!
Running, swimming, playing sports, karate, kick-boxing, different dance forms, working out at the gym, etc., are some of the most popular forms of exercise that people can practice on a daily basis.
So, with so many types of exercise, it could be hard to pick one! Of course, a person cannot try multiple forms of exercise all at once, so it is advisable to stick to one form of an exercise, at least for 6 months.
Now, if you are wondering what form of an exercise to choose from, when it comes to running and swimming, this article could help you make the right choice; read on.
Running Versus Swimming
What we are trying to look at here is to help you prioritise, based on your health needs, so that it can help you choose between running and swimming.
Now, both running and swimming can help a person lose weight, by increasing the body’s metabolic rate.
In addition, both these physical activities can improve your immunity and keep diseases away.
These are some of the common health benefits of both running and swimming.
Let us now look at how the benefits of swimming and running differ from each other, to suit the health needs of different people.
Running mostly impacts the lower part of your body and aims at helping you develop your core strength and lean muscle mass on the lower half of your body.
30 minutes of running can burn up to 350 calories.
Swimming can burn up to 400 calories in 30 minutes.
So, in conclusion, swimming can be considered slightly better than running, if you can learn it!
diet fitness10 Exercises That Burn More Calories Than Running
kidsHow To Deal With In-Toeing And Out-Toeing In Children
diet fitnessMarathon: Health Benefits, Injuries & Diet Tips
wellnessNever Do These Things After Running
diet fitnessThese Simple Habits Can Help You Lose Up To 5 Kilos In A Month!
newsJust A Minute’s Running Daily May Boost Bone Health, Study
diet fitnessWhat Is Runner’s High? Does Running Give You A High?
diet fitness8 Ways To Burn Calories Fast At Home
wellnessFoods That Can Cause Poop Problems While Running
diet fitnessCommon Running Mistakes That You Are Making Unknowingly; Avoid Them
diet fitnessJoin The Tower Twisters Anniversary Run!
diet fitnessBad Habits That Keep You From Running
- Peaty extends unbeaten run with swimming gold for England
- Australia's best medal chances at the Commonwealth Games: Swimming
- Cancer didn't keep Manheim Township's Salembier from studies or swimming
- AP Interview: Phelps has ‘no desire’ to return to swimming
- Take two: Were the Wallabies selected on form?
- With Todd Gurley in peak form, Rams will likely pass on running backs in the draft
- She was on course for stardom. Then she entrusted her career to USA Swimming.
- NBA's stretch run: What we're talking about
- Runners & drinkers set for first Hanoi Beer Run
- How celebratory beers impact your body after a long run
- Brewers’ Davies looks to have command versus Reds (Apr 15, 2017)
- 49ers: Niner Noise breaks down film of Carlos Hyde running game
- Run Anglia: BBC Radio Norfolk presenter Nick Conrad reveals his love for running and the great outdoors
- Better Ball Handler: Marcus Smart or Terry Rozier?
- San Francisco Giants Even Year Magic Running Out?
- Here are the best ways to recover from running the Boston Marathon, according to local health experts
- CFL Alumni Association partners with brain exercise company
- The Olympics would be better off without NBA players
- Why These Are Not Your Father’s Falcons, Officials’ Role in Latest Burfict Meltdown, Sink or Swim, Geno Smith
- Kragthorpe: After an 0-3 NCAA Tournament and a 1-8 bowl season, the Pac-12 is an embarrassment. The solution? Play better.
Running Versus Swimming: Which Is A Better Form Of Exercise? have 861 words, post on www.boldsky.com at July 13, 2017. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.