Source: timurtuchkin/Shutterstock We're in the middle of another hot, grueling summer, which is inevitably accompanied by tragic reports of children dying in hot cars. If 2017 is typical, about 40 kids will die in hot cars this year. In some cases, parents have intentionally left children in the car while they went off to do something else, but often parents or other caregivers simply forgot that the child was in the car. Already this summer, a hospital CEO, who was supposed to drop her 7-month daughter at the babysitter’s on the way to work, discovered the baby's body in the car that evening. A 5-month-old died in Idaho when the mother's boyfriend left the child in the vehicle and lost track of time. And a 5-year-old boy in Arkansas died after being left alone in a day-care van. Many people find these events incomprehensible. People accidentally leave their cell phone or glasses in the car, but a child ? It might be possible to dismiss these cases as the actions of uncaring, neglectful, or stupid people, except that they are often good parents and respected professionals. Although we don't know exactly what was going on when these people got out… Read full this story
- 5 steps to help teenagers navigate the distractions of modern life
- Long-living captive kea loved the pub but easily distracted by stockings
- Dolly Parton has resurrected the distracted boyfriend meme and won the internet
- Almost 25% of ambulances turn up late for ‘immediately life-threatening’ incidents in Dundee
- Life hacks: Anna Geary on how to make success a new habit
- Sapiens author Yuval Noah Harari says Brexit is a ‘distraction’ and a ‘fantasy’
- Six things that contestants do on The Apprentice you should never do at work in real life
- Ryan Woods 'distracted' over Swans interest, admits Smith
- A quarter of Irish drivers admit being distracted by social media
- Trans-councillor has had 'threats to life'
Distracted From Life have 315 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at July 18, 2017. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.