Running is one of the easiest ways to stay fit. And the best part is you will get an incentive if you run regularly. Yes, you will experience a ‘high’ known as runner’s high.
Runners enjoy a different kind of mental state after running for long distances. When researchers studied the brain chemistry of runners, they discovered several astonishing facts.
Here are some of them. And yes, these facts might help you motivate yourself and take up running as your fitness activity.
The central nervous system releases a substance known as endorphins into your blood stream when you run for a particular period of time.
The job of endorphins is to mask the pain. Any intense physical activity causes pain to the muscles and endorphins try to inhibit those pain signals.
Endurance runners experience a surge of endorphins that mask the pain and also cause a euphoric feeling. That euphoria is known as runner’s high.
In fact, the purpose behind endorphins is to make you unaware of the pain caused during running. That is why you might not be aware of minor injuries that are caused during running.
Along with endorphins, another substance known as endocannabinoids is also released. This substance is the main cause of the runner’s high.
Researchers say that long distance running can create the same effect that is similar to the 'high’ one gets after smoking weed.
It isn’t easy to experience runner’s high. You need to run for more than 45 minutes to experience it. Also, your heart rate counts.
Nature gave this facility to help humans chase animals during hunting for food. In fact, any intense physical activity can release endorphins.
Also Read: Benefits Of Running Everyday
Surprisingly, runners who stop running tend to also experience withdrawal symptoms! That is why you need to incorporate some or the other kind of physical activity in your life if you stop running.
kidsHow To Deal With In-Toeing And Out-Toeing In Children
diet fitnessMarathon: Health Benefits, Injuries & Diet Tips
wellnessNever Do These Things After Running
diet fitnessThese Simple Habits Can Help You Lose Up To 5 Kilos In A Month!
newsJust A Minute’s Running Daily May Boost Bone Health, Study
diet fitnessRunning Versus Swimming: Which Is A Better Form Of Exercise?
diet fitness8 Ways To Burn Calories Fast At Home
wellnessFoods That Can Cause Poop Problems While Running
diet fitnessCommon Running Mistakes That You Are Making Unknowingly; Avoid Them
diet fitnessJoin The Tower Twisters Anniversary Run!
diet fitnessBad Habits That Keep You From Running
diet fitnessWorst Things You Can Do Before A Run
- 10 best women’s running shoes
- Neil Featherby: When does running become walking? The truth is it doesn’t really matter...
- Ageing with attitude: Meet the Waterford man who's not letting retirement get in the way of running
- Runners reap rewards of busy year of action
- Road labelled 'rat run' will have its speed limit surveyed
- Richard's daily mile resolution runs like clockwork
- Re-run race starts in the snow
- Hospice nominates its official London Marathon runner
- Instability risk high in DR Congo after vote result: analysts
- Running on a vegan diet
- The week that was: blurred lines between reality and fantasy
- Austin Healey: 'England must be wary of Ireland's blocking dark arts'
- YOU Mag's top 100 wellness tips
- 7 Best sports watches for fitness fanatics
- Meet Grand National handicapper Martin Greenwood
- The multi-tasker with a heart of gold
- Mo Salah provides magic touch as Liverpool reach Champions League knock-outs in tense win over Napoli
- Mo Salah provides magic touch as Liverpool reach Champions League knockouts in tense win over Napoli
- Theresa May no confidence vote: Almost half of Tory MPs vow to back PM tonight
- Theresa May no confidence vote: 160 Tory MPs vow to back PM
What Is Runner's High? Does Running Give You A High? have 684 words, post on www.boldsky.com at June 3, 2017. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.