Are you nearing 40 or are already 40? Then, there are certain things that you need to take care of by this age in terms of your health and only then can you remain hale and healthy as you near your middle age.
Growing old is an inevitable fact of life. The way you grow old depends on the decisions you make every day. You generally end up doing things for others rather than for yourself and this might take a toll on your health.
It’s time to give your daily routine a makeover and give yourself some real change in order to remain healthy as you cross 40.
This will help you feel the way you were in your twenties or thirties. 40 is a milestone in which many health conditions increase. This makes it a perfect time for you to evaluate your health condition.
So, if you have been wondering how to stay healthy after 40, this article is all you need to have a look at.
You may have a lot of things for you to do, but it is mandatory that you give your health primary importance.
Further, if you haven’t reached 40 yet, you can actually start off with these healthy tips, no matter what your age is.
1. Hit Low On High-Intensity Workouts:
When you were in your prime age, you were able to do anything and everything, right? Even the toughest of the workouts to everything else may have seemed easy. But as you age, it is considered better to reduce the intensity of your workouts.
2. Be Aware OF Hormonal Factors:
You may experience hormonal changes as you get older and there can be a change in your metabolism. You may also find more amount of fat in your abdominal area.
3. Balance Blood Sugar:
Changes in mood, energy or sleep may mean that your blood sugar is out of bounds. You must ensure that you eat foods that will help control the blood sugar levels. This is one of the best tips to stay healthy after 40.
4. Cut Back On Caffeine:
Too much of caffeine can cause problems like insomnia and irritability. This will rob your body’s ability to fuel itself properly and will also not fix fatigue.
5. Have Whole Foods:
Protein-rich foods or healthy fat items like chicken, fish or nuts may help you feel energized when you’re extremely fatigued, this will help fuel your body and help you sustain energy.
6. Say No To Supplements:
It’s time to stop those vitamin D supplements or any other kinds of tablets that you’re consuming without prescription. It is better to consult your physician before taking up or continuing these.
7. Don’t Forgo Sleep:
In your 20s, you might have gotten away with just 4-5 hours of sleep. But as you get older, you must never compromise on your sleep and try to get a full 8 hours sleeping schedule.
8. Cut Out Empty Calories:
The way in which your body processes calories will change during your transition period from the 30s to 40s. Cut out on empty calories, as they do not make you feel full.
9. Eat Breakfast Within An Hour Of Rising:
If you have never been a breakfast person, it is better to stop yourself on your tracks. You have to refuel your body and it is considered to be very important to eat breakfast within an hour of rising
10. Go For 20-30 Grams Of Protein Per Meal:
Protein is crucial to maintain and build the muscle mass as you age. Taking in about 20-30 grams of protein per meal is essential to maintain strong muscle mass.
- Transform your health with our fast 800 way to beat disease: DR MICHAEL MOSLEY and his wife DR CLARE BAILEY launch an indispensable diet series to tackle everything from dementia to type 2 diabetes
- Sleep expert reveals ‘simple’ trick for getting an extra HOUR of kip – & 10-step bedtime routine everyone should follow
- Steph Curry will shatter the NBA record for 3-pointers. Can anyone top him?
- Make Virtual Thanksgiving Memorable With These Ideas
- Web of love
- Flying foxes: Australia's love-hate relationship with fruit bats
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 11
- No10 is examining plans to keep bars closed for FIVE MONTHS with full lockdown until late March as Covid death toll passes 80,000
- FMIA: How The Browns—And A Guy Named Blake—Survived Weird Wild-Card Week And Upset The Steelers
- Kim and Kanye in their own words: Never fighting over the remote, their kids' 'awesome life', being 'truly blessed' and 'effortless, forever love'... how the iconic couple portrayed their ill-fated romance
- Kim Kardashian PICTURED: Reality star is seen with wedding band but NOT $1.5million engagement ring... just a day before news Kanye West 'marriage is over'
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West 'splashed out $1 MILLION each on Christmas presents including FIVE $200k cars and lavish artwork... despite looming divorce'
- Family raffle off £180,000 home for £2.50 a ticket to raise cash for charity after daughter’s cancer battle
- Rice and reason
- 'He sees his future there': Kanye West 'is considering moving to London after his imminent divorce from Kim Kardashian has been finalised'
- Kanye West 'jealous' of Kim Kardashian and 'the amount of time she has devoted to prison reform and their four children' amid 'looming divorce'
- Joe Biden unveils $1.9 TRILLION in new COVID relief including $1,400 checks to take total to $2,000, a $15 minimum wage and $160B to solve 'dismal' vaccine rollout as he promises 100million shots will be delivered in his first 100 days
- Where Jamelia is now - Loose Women exit, mystery husband and 'miracle' baby
- Our Relationship With Food Changed In 2020
- Kim Kardashian poses atop a chic tete-a-tete chair in pieces from her newly released SKIMS collections as she bids her followers 'Night!'
10 Ways To Stay Healthy After 40 have 1084 words, post on www.boldsky.com at February 21, 2017. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.