Source: Pexels.com Managers correct mistakes. That's their right. But, no one can give a boss the right to call you an ignoramus, especially in front of an audience. Somehow, you have to reduce the abuse dished out by narcissistic bosses. Telling them off and storming out in a huff won't help. The fleeting satisfaction you receive from landing a verbal punch is a luxury you can't afford. So, what can you do? Logic dictates that we can't reason with the enraged. Listen hard, plot your strategy, and choose your words wisely. That's how to handle a narcissistic boss. The Narcissist Defined Narcissists are ego-driven, big-headed, cold-blooded individuals who expect total loyalty from others without being loyal in return. According to Craig Malkin , Harvard Medical School lecturer and author of Rethinking Narcissism , narcissists want to feel important. "The more narcissistic they are, the more they're addicted to feeling special, and that means going to any lengths to get their high, even if it involves lying , stealing, cheating, and manipulating others. A narcissistic boss places getting ahead over getting along, which means they're often uncollaborative, arrogant, and argumentative, myopically focused on becoming 'the winner.'" Narcissistic bosses take all the credit… Read full this story
- I'm A Celebrity: Dan Osborne slams Myles Stephenson while Love Island's Olivia Buckland brands him a 'narcissistic, cheating, compulsive liar' amid Jacqueline Jossa drama
- Why It's So Hard to End a Relationship with a Narcissist
- So Much Work, No Time For Vacation? Here's Why!
- The Newest Take on Personality Disorders Focuses on Motives
- Dealing with Betrayal
- 4 Types of Anger and Their Destructive Impact
- 5 Ways to Make a Great First Impression
- Bad Memories? 8 Ways to Detox Yourself
- How #MeToo revealed the central rift within feminism today
- Monica Lewinsky has called out Clinton’s abuse of power. Why haven’t we?
When Your Boss Is a Narcissist have 314 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at January 8, 2017. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.