The latest issue of Weekly Jump included a spread on Dragon Quest XI, coming with new images and information on the upcoming game in development for PS4, 3DS and Nintendo Switch.
You can see both pages below, courtesy of Twitter user YonkouProductions.
We get to see some new scenes compared between the PS4 version and the 3DS version, once more showcasing the massive difference in visual style.
Following, we learn more about the hero. Once he turns 16, he takes part to a coming of age ceremony, and there a shining seal on his left hand reveals that he is the reincarnation of the hero who saved the world. Which is why he departs for his adventure.
A new character is also introduced. Ema is a childhood friend of the hero, and she climbs the Divine Rock with him during his trial in order to act as a witness. We have actually seen her in the cinematic opening when she says goodbye to the departing hero alongside the rest of the village.
We learn about two landmarks. The Tree of Life is floating at the center of the world (it’s the northernmost landmark in the map), it is said that a hero with a brave soul and heart will be communicate with it.
The Ishi village (the landmark in the southern part of the continent) is a small and peaceful hamlet sitting quietly at the bottom of a valley.
Interestingly, the article mentions that it’ll be possible to enjoy the classic battle gameplay of Dragon Quest both on PS4 and 3DS, but combat has different visual features between the two platforms. On PS4 you can enjoy a beautiful 3D battle scene, while on 3DS there are actually two battle modes. In 2D mode just the monsters are rendered as 2D Sprites, letting players enjoy the old and beloved style of the series, while in 3D mode both monsters and party are rendered and more lifelike.
Dragon Quest XI will be released in 2017 for 3DS and PS4. It has also been confirmed in development for Nintendo Switch, but no official release window exists for this platform.
- Can Dragon Quest XI Repeat Monster Hunter World’s Success in Wooing Western Audiences?
- Dragon Quest XI Achieves Best Launch Month in Franchise History, According to NPD
- Dragon Quest XI Riding Westward This September
- Dragon Quest XI hands-on – incredible localisation and the biggest world yet
- Dragon Quest XI S for Nintendo Switch Logo Revealed by Square Enix, but No Images or Dates Yet
- Dragon Quest XI S Is Closer To A Remake Than Just A Simple Port
- Dragon Quest XI: Square Enix Reveals Which Scenes Will Be Voiced in English; Recording Is Already Done
- Dragon Quest XI Pre-Order Bonuses Revealed
- Dragon Quest XI Players Will Receive Dragon Quest VIII Skin for Free at Launch
- Dragon Quest XI Beginners Guide
- Dragon Quest XI Character Trailer Introduces Party of Companions Joining Players
- Dragon Quest XI Looks Awesome in New PS4 Gameplay in English
- Dragon Quest XI Shines in Thirty Minutes of PS4 Gameplay in English Commented by Devs
- Dragon Quest XI US Release Date Revealed for PS4 and PC
- A New Dragon Quest Monsters Game Is Being Developed for Consoles
- New Dragon Quest Monsters Game Announced for Consoles
- Dragon Quest XI Sells Over 2 Million Copies In Two Days
- Square Enix reveals Dragon Quest XI
- PS4/3DS's Dragon Quest 11 Battle System Further Detailed
- Dragon Quest XI screens are gorgeous
New Dragon Quest XI PS4 and 3DS Images and Details on Characters, World and Combat Revealed have 554 words, post on www.dualshockers.com at December 22, 2016. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.