2017 is just around the corner, but there are still a good few months for Hollywood to try to top what’s come before. Big-budget offerings like Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and Assassin’s Creed have their eye on box-office records, and hey—in all likelihood the next Best Picture Oscar winner is still out there. What’s on your to-watch list? October HighlightsEwan McGregor makes his directorial debut with an adaptation of Philip Roth’s 1960s-set American Pastoral, about a man (McGregor) whose happy family life begins to fall apart when his daughter (Dakota Fanning) falls in with a radical anti-Vietnam War crowd. (Lionsgate; Oct. 21)Tyler Perry’s bewigged doppelgänger contends with supernatural creatures and rowdy teenagers alike (you’ll have to decide for yourself which group is worse) in Tyler Perry’s Boo! A Madea Halloween. (Lionsgate; Oct. 21)South Korean auteur Park Chan-Wook follows up his first English-language film, 2013’s Stoker, with The Handmaiden, an adaptation of Sarah Waters’ historical crime thriller Fingersmith. Park and co-writer Chung Seo-Kyung have changed the story’s setting from Victorian-era England to 1930s Korea, during a period of Japanese occupation. (Magnolia Pictures; Oct. 21)A town full of criminals and lowlifes led by a corrupt Marshal (John Travolta) find they… Read full this story
- Holiday Gift Guide 2015: Tablets
- Dark season 2: Everything we know right now
- Faith-Based Movies Top Box Office for April
- Top Movies That Present Truth and Hope
- Places to go late season skiing in Switzerland
- 12 Marvel Movies in 31 Hours. It Didn’t Feel Like Infinity.
- New on Netflix in May 2018: ‘Coco,’ ‘Anon,’ final season of ‘Scandal’
- Break out the popcorn! Summer movies from “Avengers: Infinity War” to “Incredibles 2” are on their way
- This summer's movies include 18 sequels, remakes and reboots. That's ridiculous
- Lehigh Valley's farmers markets: Your 2018 guide
Holiday Bounty: Your guide to the season’s movie releases have 293 words, post on www.filmjournal.com at October 12, 2016. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.