Industrial production rose 0.6% in June, more than expected, according to the Federal Reserve. Capacity utilization increased to 75.4% from 74.9%. Robust auto production lifted the consumer durables category, as the output of consumer energy products also jumped. Manufacturing output rose 0.4% in June. The sector stabilized somewhat from its slowdown as the dollar’s climb slowed and oil prices rose. But in the second quarter, factory output fell at an annual rate of 1%. The index for utilities climbed 2.4% due to warmer weather that increased demand for air conditioning. Economists had forecast that industrial production rebounded to 0.3% after a revised drop by 0.3% in May, according to Bloomberg. They estimated that capacity utilization increased to 75.1% from 74.9%.
- 10 outstanding industry and trade events in 2020
- Indian Auto Industry In 2020: A Look Back At All The Positives & Negatives
- L.A. County Health Department Asks Film Industry to ‘Strongly Consider Pausing’
- Wood industry sets $10 billion export value target
- Cabinet approves Rs 4,573 cr interest subvention to raise ethanol production capacity
- UK economy will rebound at fastest rate since WW2 to rise 8% in 2021 as Britons spend billions saved during lockdown, experts forecast
- Macron says Brexit is the product of 'lies and false promises' in annual address delivered hours after his father denounced him as a 'self-serving' politician
- List Of TV Shows That Have Delayed Production Returns Due To Surge In Covid-19 Infections & Deaths
- Coronavirus affects Louisiana stock prices, supply chains; tourism industry keeping close eye
- The rise of social sellers of Bharat
Industrial production rises more than expected have 233 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at July 15, 2016. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.