Today is 17 September and it marks a very special day as in 1950, on this day, Narendra Modi was born in a small town of Gujarat called Vadnagar. We are not talking about politics here but this fashion sense. Other than being the Prime Minister of our country, Narendra Modi is also a style icon with a very individualistic sense of style. It comes as no surprise that he is also the second most popular leader in the world.
Narendra Modi has always stunned us with his outfits and stood out from the crowd. Our Prime Minister first brought half-sleeved khadi kurtas back in style and then went on to experiment with more western styles for formal international occasions and meets.
The best part about PM Modi’s sense of style is that he is fearless when it comes to fashion. Our current Prime Minister has thrown the dull cotton and khadi wearing politician look out of the window. He has worn regional traditional attires as well as super swag hats and sunnies.
Let us take a look at 10 amazing fashion moments from Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The "Named" Power Suit
When Obama visited India, Narendra Modi sported a pin striped suit, but when looked at closely we all realised it spelled out Narendra Damodardas Modi and all of us were floored. The monogrammed suit was later sold for 4.31 Crores and the money was used to clean up the Ganges.
Welcoming The Obamas
This time around Mr. Modi managed to even steal Michelle Obama’s thunder with his jacket and kurta combo paired with the most stunning saffron and beige shawl.
The Regional Dress Up
Modi’s fashion versatility can be witnessed almost every time he travels. He is open to experimenting and wearing traditional local outfits of various regions and learning more about their culture.
The China Visit Swag
There were a string of trolls and memes to Modi’s images from his visit to China’s Terracotta Warriors Museum, but there is no denying the fact that he did in style with his black out shades and Kashmiri shawl.
The Hat & Sunnies
People may think that Modi only dresses in Indian attires, but no. Modi has been spotted looking quite dashing in his hat and sunnies on various occassions. This further proves that a truly stylish person knows the value of accessorising.
When 40 Leaders Did It Modi Style
The 3rd Africa Forum Summit was held last year and was attended by 40 leaders from Africa who decided to do it Modi style in kurtas and pyjamas while meeting Modi himself. We cannot think of any other leader who triggered a fashion wave like this.
The Independance Day Turban
Modi is anything but boring when it comes to his sense of style. At the 68th Independance Day Ceremony, Modi wore a saffron and green turban and put his patriotism and fashion on full display.
The Rajni Style
Yes, Modi went the South Indian way and wore a lungi and shirt when he met Rajnikanth. We cannot think of any other politician who would be daring enough sway from the khadi way.
The Royal British Visit
When the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visited recently, Modi showed us that he knows how to be subtle when required. He wore a white kurta and pyjama and paired it up with a bandhgala coat in beige.
Global Citizen Festival Speech
Narendra Modi wore the most striking shade of blue and stole the spotlight from Hugh Jackman while quoting Star Wars at the Global Citizen Festival during his US visit. Modi is hands down the most stylish Prime Minister India has ever seen.
Whilst some people even compared Modi jackets to Nehru jackets but the manager of JadeBlue Lifestyle claimed that the Modi jacket is different from Nehru jacket. Modi jacket, the manager said, was a bit longer and has wider colour palette. Well, Modi jackets are quite a rage and have become fashion statement. With Modi jackets, PM Narendra Modi became one of the rarest Prime Ministers to inspire a style statement.
wellnessPM Narendra Modi Interacts With Chief Ministers To Review The Covid-19 Situation
menPM Narendra Modi Receives 1st Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award At Ceremony In Mumbai
wellnessWHO Director-General Dr Tedros Ghebreyesus On Three-Day Gujarat Visit
kidsFull List: 29 Children Conferred Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2022 [Watch Video]
kidsPrime Minister Narendra Modi To Interact With Rashtriya Bal Puraskar Awardees On January 24
menPM Narendra Modi’s 72nd Birthday: 72 Facts About The Prime Minister Of India That You May Not Know
faith mysticismRam Mandir Bhoomi Poojan: PM Narendra Modi Lays Silver Brick, Calls It A Golden Day
faith mysticismRam Mandir Bhoomi Pooja: What It Is, Rituals And Benefits Of Performing It
fashion trendsAmid Coronavirus Pandemic, Prime Minister Narendra Modi Masks Have Gained Popularity
lifeMann Ki Baat Highlights: PM Modi Says India's Fight Against COVID-19 Is People-Driven
healthLockdown Extended: Top 10 Points from PM Narendra Modi Speech on April 14
bollywood wardrobeSonakshi Sinha Warns Curfew Violators With Her Fierce Look In An All-Black Attire And Gun
- Narendra Modi's Bharatiya Janata Party Leading Gujarat Election Results In India
- Narendra Modi: PM Modi warns Mamata of revolt, says 40 TMC MLAs in touch with BJP
- Bombay HC Issues Notice To ECI In PIL Seeking Stay On Release Of Biopic On Narendra Modi
- Legal hurdles cleared for Nripendra Misra's appointment as Narendra Modi aide
- Narendra Modi-Barack Obama Meeting: Climate Change, Defense Ties To Figure In Talks
- PM Narendra Modi to address COP 14 to UNCCD in Greater Noida on Monday
- EC Will Deal With Biopic On PM Narendra Modi, Says Bombay HC; Refuses To Stay Release
- Bitcoin Thief Breaks Out of Iceland Prison and Catches Flight to Sweden on the Prime Minister's Plane
- State papers: Hurdles faced in transporting Prime Minister's gift horse amused No.10
- Who Is Mariano Rajoy? Spain's Prime Minister to Be Ousted for Corruption Scandal
- Prime Minister Theresa May to look into Dundee man’s 10 year passport ordeal
- BCI Writes To Modi, Raises 10 Demands For Welfare Of Advocates
- 'Narendra Modi' Biopic Should Not Be Released During Operation Of Model Code Of Conduct: ECI [Read Order]
- LexisNexis’s Convenient Action: Continuity for Change authored by Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India Released
- Tory leadership live: Boris Johnson confirmed as Prime Minister
- Georgian Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili resigns amid disagreement with leader of ruling party
- Trump Meets with Singaporean Prime Minister Ahead of Kim Jong-un Summit
- New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern Takes Only Six Weeks Maternity Leave
- Prime Minister's new rescue puppy arrives at Number 10
- Prime Minister Theresa May wins vote of no confidence attempt to oust her as Conservative Party leader
Narendra Modi's Birthday: 10 Best Fashion Moments Of Our Prime Minister have 1123 words, post on www.boldsky.com at June 28, 2016. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.