Which is stronger, my unrelenting excitement over new LEGO products, or my apathy towards the upcoming Angry Birds movie? After putting together the cheapest set released on Friday, apathy is triumphant. The Angry Birds Movie hits theaters on May 20, several years after Angry Birds had the sort of popularity that would support such a thing. Between its amazing voice cast and the fact that parents will bring kids to any animated film that keeps them quiet for a couple hours I’m sure the movie will do just fine. A few years ago it would have done much better than that. In advance of the movie LEGO has released a handful of sets on store shelves this week, depicting the battle between birds and pigs in brick form. I picked up the $12.99 Piggy Car Escape at Toys’R’Us yesterday, and it is indeed a set of pieces that form a thing. Highlights include several egg-shaped bits, and that’s about it. The apathy is contagious. Just look at these minifigures. Well, you can’t really call them minifigures. They’re just shaped plastic, like any number of Angry Birds toys we’ve seen over the past several years. Sets range for the $12.99 I… Read full this story
- 'Good Luck!' Astronaut Tells Youngsters Tackling Lego Space Challenge
- First ever Lego RPG is coming to mobile this fall
- Building a real-life Wall-E: how kids helped Lego Technic and Volvo design the autonomous Zeux wheel loader
- Nerf product designer has his sights set on upcoming ‘Overwatch’ collaboration
- Lego Boost Droid Commander Turns Coding into a Star Wars Mission
- LEGO Star Wars Battles Coming In 2020 To Mobile Phones
- LEGO Adds Even More Female STEM Minifigs, & You Can Vote for Lovelace, Curie, & Others!
- Make 2019 the year your child learns to code with these 6 toys and kits
- Hot entertainment properties make licensing lucrative
- Wait, Someone’s Making A Movie About Female Smugglers on the Moon?
Makes For The Least Exciting LEGO Sets Ever have 315 words, post on kotaku.com at April 1, 2016. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.