Game of Thrones has so many characters, plot lines, alliances, and events that the drama unfolds like a season of your favorite sport. In fact, it’s possible to turn the show into a fantasy football-like draft. Here’s how.
The concept of a fantasy fantasy league (you read that right) for Game of Thrones was originally whipped up by Andrew Nielsen at The Nerdist. Basically, you and your friends take turns drafting characters to your team and those characters get points every week based on what they do in the show. There are points for murder, torture, death, manipulation, and even sex. Whoever has the most points at the end of the season wins. You can do this on paper, in a spreadsheet, or however else you like.
To make things easier, however, the folks at The Verge have put together an online fantasy draft for season six using a similar system. It all takes place on the fantasy drafting web site Fantasizr, which lets you turn anything into a fantasy draft. In fact, if you wanted to make your own point system, you don’t have to use The Verge’s draft at all. It’s completely up to you. All you have to do is sign up for a free account, gather some friends, and draft up characters before Sunday night’s season six premiere. Fantasizr will do the rest automatically.
If you want a leg up on your enemies-er-friends, Andrew Beveridge and Jie Shan’s “Network of Thrones” is filled with data about the show’s major players and how they’re all connected to one another. And for even more data, be sure to check out A Song of Ice and Data. There you’ll find rankings for things like “who is most likely to die next” and “popularity,” as well as maps and statistics to help you make thoroughly educated picks during your draft. Good luck!
The Game of Thrones: Season 6 Fantasy Draft | Fantasizr
- Hosts win Sunday V-League 21st round matches
- Hai Duong gears up to host Games
- SK gears up to host games for first time in 30 years
- Saigon Rugby Football Club joins Cambodian League
- Provincial sports leader hosted parties for referees, officials
- Vinh: leagues top scorer or... is he?
- Online games: entertainment or addiction?
- 4 V-League referees receive disciplinary action
- V-League needs to learn from Thai-League, says Calisto
- K+ has Premier League television rights: VTV