Kevin Garnett is clear about where his allegiances lie.
While the Timberwolves forward calls Minnesota home — he spent the first 12 seasons of his career there and returned last year via trade — Garnett enjoyed his time with the Boston Celtics and Brooklyn Nets, too. But one of those cities means a little more to him.
“Right, Boston a little more than Brooklyn,” Garnett said recently, per the Star Tribune. “Just because the times and the memories are more impactful memories. But both were good times.”
Garnett will revisit both those cities this week with the Timberwolves stopping in Brooklyn on Sunday and taking on the Celtics in Boston on Monday. And KG is looking forward to that trip to Bean Town, where he won the NBA Championship in 2008.
“Every time I go to Boston I’ll have that sentimental feeling,” Garnett said. “But, all in all, all good. That’s what you want. All good.”
So at the end of the day, is it Boston or New York where Garnett thinks the best fans live?
“Bostonians all day,” Garnett said. “And they know that.”
More from NESN.com:
- Berkshire Bank Faceoff: Projected Lines, Pairings For Bruins-Devils
- Patriots’ Joey Iosefa Destroys Titans Defender With Huge Truck Stick (Video)
- Panthers’ Cam Newton Runs Over Referee, Later Injured Twice Vs. Giants (Videos)
- Boston Strong 2013: An oral history of a city’s emotional journey
- Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett not impressed by Brooklyn Nets crowd
- Wolves bring back Garnett in trade with Nets
- Kings of the city: Knicks-Nets rivalry raises bar
- FOXSports.com NBA power rankings: Week 2
- Knicks, Nets set for matchup of teams that ‘stink’
- Knicks crush Nets in first meeting of Big Apple busts
- Williams, Pierce return, lead Nets over Celtics
- Knicks pound Nets again as Anthony sits
- No ‘Melo, no problem: Knicks beat Nets, who fail to clinch No. 5 seed
- Nets take 2-1 lead over Raptors with 102-98 win
- How the rich get richer: Five most competitively unfair player moves
- Minnesota Timberwolves: Should they tank?
- NBA offseason team awards
- Picking the perfect farewell gift for Kobe from all 30 NBA teams
- Nets’ Prokhorov: easy decision to hit reset button now
Kevin Garnett: Boston fans are better than New York fans have 344 words, post on www.foxsports.com at December 20, 2015. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.