The German weather service is optimistic: on Wednesday and Thursday temperatures are expected to rise in many places across the country significantly. It’ll be warmest in Munich, at 30 degrees, and along the Danube.
“Just in time for the public holiday, it’s a Germany-wide sunny day,” said meteorologist Sebastian Schappert from the German Weather Service (DWD) in Offenbach. According to the forecast, on Thursday – a public holiday in parts of Germany, marking the feast of Corpus Christi – temperatures in the northern half of Germany will reach 25 degrees.
On Friday meteorologists expect the warmest day of the year yet. “At several stations in the south we expect 30 degrees to be achieved,” Schappert said. On the upper Rhine temperatures of up to 34 degrees may be reached. Summer joy however will be short-lived, as over the weekend a storm will approach from the north-west – bringing cooler weather and high winds.
For meteorologists the summer officially began on Monday – as the seasons are divided into full months. According to the calendar however, the summer officially begins on June 21.
- Heat wave prevails in Telangana, Rayalaseema
- How to prepare cities and citizens for more killer heat waves
- Government issues heat-wave advisory
- Bank Holiday weather for Devon will be hottest in UK
- Intense heat wave sweeps nation
- Weatherman warns of heat wave in Rajasthan, MP, Maha over next 2 days
- Warm waters off Maine point to repeat of ‘ocean heat wave’
- Hurricanes, heat waves, fires ravaged planet in 2017
- Is it too hot to work? Five things you need to know about working in a heat wave
- 'Unbelievable' amount of litter left on North East beaches after heat wave
- Cold snap to cool off northern Vietnam; heat wave lingers in south
- No respite from sweltering heat till April 27 in Odisha, says IMD
- Is there a heatwave coming in May, what’s the UK weather forecast next week and how long will the sunshine last?
- Beach weather coming to the Bay Area this weekend, some spots to hit 80 degrees
- Pakistan May Have Just Set a World Heat Record
- Road accidents continue higher trend even as revellers defy heat to celebrate Sonkgran
- How to stay cool at night in the hot weather so you can get to sleep
- Who is at risk of death due to extreme heat and cold?
- Severe weather warning issued for several places
- Tornado hit Summit County, says National Weather Service
Holiday weather: First heat wave in sight have 384 words, post on www.dw.com at June 2, 2015. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.