Home Health Nutrition Nutrition lekhaka-Neha Ghosh By Neha Ghosh | Updated: Friday, January 25, 2019, 16:37 [IST] Potassium plays a key role in maintaining fluid balance, and keeps your brain, nerves, heart and muscles functioning normally. It is also known to lower blood pressure. High blood pressure is the major risk factor for stroke and heart disease  ,  . Potassium aids in easing muscle contractions and keeps the sodium level in check. There are many people who don’t get enough potassium. This could cause low potassium levels in the body and the condition is known as hypokalemia. Symptoms Of Potassium Deficiency (Hypokalemia) Weakness and fatigue occur when blood potassium levels are too low and your muscles start having weaker contractions  . The muscles of the digestive system are unable to contract which leads to indigestion and constipation  . Heart palpitation is a sign of potassium deficiency which happens when there isn’t a proper flow of potassium through the heart cells  . Muscle cramps or spasms happen due to low potassium levels in the body  . Low blood potassium levels also cause muscle ache and stiffness as the blood vessels are unable to contract and… Read full this story
- Can you imagine a 16-year-old playing in the majors? This Rockhurst grad did, for the KC Athletics
- Hedge fund billionaire Leon Cooper blasts Elizabeth Warren for her 'vilification of the rich' after she told him to 'pitch in more so everyone has a chance at the American Dream'
- Detroit food truck refuses to serve cops
- Ur-Turn: High-Low and Crossovers to Go
- FFA Cup Round of 16: Matchday 1 preview
- 2016 Renault Clio R.S.16 Concept
- The winner was lucky, but deserved, says Low after Germany edge out Peru
- Low: Dropped Muller is still very important for Germany
- Euro NCAP & ANCAP studies confirm effectiveness of low speed AEB
- India U-16 football team to play Turkey, Oman in Istanbul cup
Low Potassium Levels? Have These 16 Foods Rich In Potassium have 310 words, post on www.boldsky.com at April 6, 2015. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.