Dharma bumming, Zen lunatic-ing and kicking around on pieces of ground far from your hometown… There will be a problem, but it’s ok… We got up in the morning and all the late-night drunken talk of going to the market as a group for pho had gone out the window. Chi and Dong had left for “work” a few hours earlier, according to Reggae on the Radio. Olof and I had a couple of cigarettes with the kids and then left for the market on our own. The morning market noodles we had were another exquisite batch of meat and broth (like almost all pho we’d had since we hit the mountains in Tuyen Quang, it was pork pho, not beef or chicken) and we delighted in overpaying. It’s just so damn incredible to sit there, with all the people moving around and sitting still, watching the steam rise from your bowl, and from everyone’s bowls and cauldrons across the tent, and from breath and from everywhere, and all the colors of scarves, hemp skirts, turbans, stockings, sequins and all the young boys and girls trying to sell things and eat pho without breaking their giggles as they stared at…
- Why Kim will be looking closely at Vietnam
- Mueller investigation: Russia probe shows wisdom of founders' vision
- Why Did Donald Trump's North Korea Summit End Early?
- Full Viet Nam-Cambodia Joint Statement
- Ocasio-Cortez is Right: Our Economic System Needs Major Changes
- Why CEOs like Howard Schultz should not run for president
- Venezuela power struggle hinges on Nicolas Maduro's military
- Things to do in the San Fernando Valley and LA area, Feb. 1-8
- New BET drama on birth of 'Soul Train' gives Motown a role
- 16 years ago Space Shuttle Columbia broke up while returning home
Visions of Vietnam — Part 8 have 291 words, post on at July 19, 2014. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.