On DT Daily today: Sony gets their game on with a streaming box, Star Wars game designers go the distance and hey, that ring you’re wearing… is ringing.
After revealing a slew of titles for the PlayStation 4, Sony has announced some new hardware that can extend the console’s range and bring even more gaming to your TV.
Called the PlayStation TV, the $99 device works pretty much like other streaming boxes and also allows users to stream their PS4 action to another TV in the house. Perhaps most interesting is the backward compatibility it gives Sony fans. Users can play Vita, PS1, and PSP games and Sony says over 1,000 games will be available when the PlayStation TV launches – although that date has not yet been set, but before the holidays is probably a good bet.
For $140, Sony will also offer a PlayStation TV bundle which includes a DualShock 3 controller, 8GB memory card, an HDMI cable and a copy of LEGO Movie: The Video Game.
If you’re a Star Wars video game developer, expectations for getting even the smallest details right are extremely high, lest you cause a disturbance in the Force.
That’s why the DICE game designers cooking up Star Wars: Battlefront took a field trip to the saga’s Mecca, also known as the Lucas Cultural Arts Museum, where many of the original models used in the first three films are stored. They even went to where the first movies were filmed, including deserts, forests and some very cold locations. Now that’s dedication, and it looks like it might pay off as this early gaming footage looks fantastic.
Star Wars Battlefront is still in development and will likely come out in 2015.
Ladies, don’t you hate it when you miss that important phone call, text or calendar reminder because your phone is in your handbag, ringing away and you can’t hear it or feel it buzzing? The folks at Ringly feel your pain and they’ve come up with a selection of four Bluetooth-connected rings that vibrate or light up when that important call or message comes in.
The rings, which we must say look pretty nice, are controlled by an app and Ringly says they will go two days on a charge. To juice them back up, just put them back in the little box they came in. Price? $145 if you get in on the early-bird offering, and Ringly says they should ship this fall. And hey Ringly, don’t forget us fellas! When are the vibrating gold medallions gonna hit?
And that’s DT Daily for today, we’ll see you tomorrow.
- ‘Star Wars Battlefront II’: News, rumors, and everything we know
- All together now! How to use Movies Anywhere to consolidate your digital films
- Stay huddled inside this month with the best new video games in November
- EA avoids the Dark Side, suspends ‘Star Wars Battlefront II’ microtransactions
- ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’ review
- Disney Plus reveals new Marvel, Star Wars originals -- and a price hike
- Here are all the new Marvel, Star Wars, and other projects Disney announced at its investor day
- Best 4K TV For PS5 And Xbox Series X Gaming (4K, HDMI 2.1)
- Best Black Friday PlayStation deals 2020: PS4 and PS5
- The Mandalorian’s Clone Wars tie-in is the boost Disney Plus needed
- Cyber Monday gaming deals UK 2020: PlayStation, Xbox, Switch and PC
- Prime Day 2020: Early Look At Nintendo Switch, Smart TV, And Tech Deals
- Amazon Cyber Monday deals 2020: TV, laptop, and headphone sales
- Best PS5 Gifts For 2020: PlayStation Gift Ideas, Games, And More
- Best Last-Minute Gifts For Christmas 2020: Gaming And Tech Gift Ideas
- The best soundbars for TV and movies in 2020
- The content streaming wars come home: Who'll win your living room - Google, Apple or Amazon?
- Best PlayStation 4 games of 2020, including Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed
- The 52 best TV shows to binge on Netflix
- How COVID-19 is changing what movies and TV shows you’ll watch in 2021
- Black Friday deals 2020: $100 off Sonos, 4K TV sales, AirPods discounts & more
- Every color PS4 controller you can buy today 2020
- Stop Waiting for PS5 Restock Updates: I Have the PS5 and Xbox Series X—And the Winner Is Clear
- Oscar Isaac to play Snake in new Metal Gear Solid film, report says
- All the Disney Investor Day Announcements in One Big Post
DT Daily: Sony PlayStation TV, Star Wars: Battlefront, high-tech bling ring have 711 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at June 10, 2014. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.