In our Cinema Advertising sections over the past two years, we presented interactive ways of “Engaging the Audience” during the preshow as well as innovative programs that are rewarding moviegoers with goods and goodies. In our latest edition, Film Journal International reports about several recent promotions and activities that studios, filmmakers, exhibitors and marketers are cooking up to whet audiences’ appetites for more. Their ways of enticing moviegoers across all demographics cover categories such as food and beverage, consumer products and automotive. The activities not only include the usual blockbuster suspects but also marketing for deserving films with a message—in the case of The Amazing Spider-Man and Earth Hour, both descriptions apply.One cause campaign that deserves to be singled out is “Follow Your Food.” For Pantelion Films’ release of Cesar Chavez, the Equitable Food Initiative (EFI) and co-producer Participant Media asked moviegoers and others to support a certification program aimed at “keeping food safe and families healthy, starting in the fields where the food is grown” by certifying that the produce is “responsibly grown and farmworker-assured.”“Participant has repeatedly demonstrated a capacity to mobilize moviegoers to act on the issues that move them on the screen,” EFI’s project director, Peter O’Driscoll,… Read full this story
- FOREX-Dollar gains as pandemic drives global demand for cash
- 3Cs rattle markets! Corporate earnings are bound to take a hit
- This is not the usual buy-on-dips market: Stephen Roach
- There’s never been a better time for drive-in movie theaters to make a comeback
- U.S. Box Office Walloped Wednesday With 5,000 Theaters Dark, Though Drive-Ins Have Some Gas
- Reserve Bank’s latest cash rate cut unlikely to give housing market same boost as previous cuts
- What drives brands to up the ante on ads?
- Coronavirus | Panic buying, lockdowns may drive world food inflation: FAO, analysts
- Dollar gains as pandemic drives global demand for cash
- Factbox: Oil products markets in turmoil as coronavirus infects demand
Enticing the audience: Marketers drive demand for moviegoing have 316 words, post on www.filmjournal.com at April 11, 2014. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.