The ongoing Johnny Manziel saga has shown us what too much hype can do to a college football star. Yet in Columbia, S.C., Steve Spurrier is going out of his way to make sure smothering publicity doesn’t overwhelm his best player, Jadeveon Clowney. According to The State, the Ol’ Ballcoach decided to close the Gamecocks’ fall practices, after previously agreeing to have them open, in part because he wants to limit the attention his star defensive lineman receives. “Poor Jadeveon can’t even hardly get out on the field without getting somebody mad at him, so we just have to eliminate open practices, and we have to get some security guys out there, make sure our guys can get in and out of practice without having to sign autographs all the way up and down the field,” Spurrier told the paper. Spurrier also lashed out about one reporter who “had 15 questions about Jadeveon” during a recent interview session. “I answered a couple of them, and I said, ‘You know, we have talked about Jadeveon for seven months after that hit,’” Spurrier told The State. “He and Johnny Football, they are the only two guys in America anybody has talked about… Read full this story
- DT Daily: Sony PlayStation TV, Star Wars: Battlefront, high-tech bling ring
- DT Daily: Neptune smartwatch, Dubai time lapse, Apple and Star Wars
- Why Battlefield 4 is Still Beating Star Wars Battlefront
- DT Daily: Onyx communicator system, NASA’s watery spaceballs, Star Wars VII gets named
- News Corp. Takes a New Stab at Paywalls With Buck-a-Week Daily
- Will Post-Production Kill the 3-D Movie Star?
- DT Daily: Ultimate barn find, Dolby for your eyes, athlete gift guide
- Star Fox Zero Medals Guide – Medals Locations, Gold Rings, Objectives, How to Earn
- Preview: Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.2 “Legacy”
- Get 13 games for less than $7 in Bundle Stars' Chaos Bundle
Daily Buzz: Quite a star contrast have 303 words, post on www.foxsports.com at August 5, 2013. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.