5.50pm BST Closing summary Time to clock-off for another day. Here’s a quick reminder of the key points… • Britain’s economic recovery has picked up pace. Growth in the second quarter of 2013 has been estimated at 0.6%, twice as rapid as in the first three months of this year. The Office for National Statistics reported that every section of the economy grew. However, the UK economy remains 3.3% smaller than before the financial crisis struck in 2008. • Highlights start at 9.30am. • Key charts from 10.02am • City economists were encouraged by the data, with some predicting stronger growth later this year. Business leaders, though, warned that more needs to be done to guarantee the recovery (see 10.30am onwards) • Chancellor George Osborne said the figures showed Britain is moving in the right direction. See 9.49am for details, and 1.12pm for video • There are also a few photos of Osborne meeting nightshift workers at 8.50am Elsewhere….. ª The International Monetary Fund warned that more needs to be done to nurse the eurozone back to health and avoid the crisis in the region flaring up again. See 3.03pm onwards. • Greek MPs have approved legislation that should mean… Read full this story
- George Osborne told by IMF chief: rethink your austerity plan
- PM Johnson’s Vow to 'Level Up' UK Economy Will Take More Than a Decade to Deliver, Think Tank Claims
- Now A&E medic has coronavirus: Virus fear grips UK as NHS hospital worker is among eight with deadly bug including GP and scout leader - while 'drug lord' extradited from Thailand collapses sparking prison panic
- PM's Treasury power grab doomed to fail, warn former insiders
- Davos 2019 – where is the World Economic Forum, will Donald Trump be there and what is this year’s theme?
- UK Huawei decision appears to avert row with US
- 'We are in an economic crisis'
- News Analysis: IMF, local economists differ on how Italy should manage deficit overshoot
- Growth is weak, money is tight: can George Osborne square the circle?
- UK unemployment at five-year low amid jobs boom
UK economic growth accelerates to 0.6%, as IMF issues eurocrisis warning – as it happened have 330 words, post on www.theguardian.com at July 25, 2013. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.