When Japanese architect Shigeru Ban designed a new cathedral in earthquake-devastated Christchurch, he chose the most unlikely of materials — cardboard — for the landmark project. The New Zealand city’s magnificent Gothic revival cathedral hewn from local basalt was irreparably damaged in the 6.3-magnitude earthquake that claimed 185 lives on February 22 last year. (more…)
- Guardiola pleased he put faith in Sane
- Loew rewarded for putting faith in Germany's old guard
- Look: Amazing then-and-now photos as Cov Cathedral turns 100
- Well-known former Derby city centre pub is put up for sale
- FA Cup: Disappointing St Albans City held to a draw by plucky Corinthian Casuals
- McBurnie on the key factor that kept him at Swansea City
- How Cov Cathedral has been preparing for 100th Armistice Day
- Eco-power lights up Coventry Cathedral
- Vegan food festival shines in the sun at Coventry Cathedral
- How is landlord getting away with these conditions at city centre flats?
N.Z. quake city puts faith in cardboard cathedral have 142 words, post on dtinews.vn at December 27, 2012. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.