Indian food has been a favourite amongst foreigners from all across the world. There may be a thousand different cuisines in the world but among the few that are devoured by millions of people all across the world is the Indian cuisine.
Indian food has
been a favourite amongst foreigners from all across the world. There may be a
thousand different cuisines in the world but among the few that are devoured by
millions of people all across the world is the Indian cuisine. It is not
surprising to find out that people savour the spicy taste of ‘Chicken Tikka
Masala’ which is like a signature dish for many upscale restaurants found all
across India. Not just the chicken preparations, these people have also grown
to like Indian vegetarian preparations. Unlike other vegetarian delicacies
found in different countries, Indian vegetarian cuisine is quite different. It
is spicy, tasty, tangy and anything but bland and tasteless. Many people
nurture the perception that vegetarian food is all about a bowl of lettuce
salad and lentils. Vegetarian cuisine is more than that especially the Indian
vegetarian cuisine, which has innumerable dishes under its hood. Out of the
various Indian veg dishes, the Indian
Thali is an all-time favourite not just amongst Indians but also
many foreign nationals.
There are many
Indian veg restaurants in the West that display the thali as their special dish
not just for the locals but also the emigrants who crave for Indian food in the
foreign land. The thali is preferred by many people because it is affordable, appetizing
and flavoursome. It is essentially an assortment of various dishes which may
include rice, curds, chapatti, two or three veggies, pickle, salad, sweet dish
and some other preparations. The contents of the thali differ from state to
state. For instance, the Gujarati thali will be different from the Maharashtrian
thali. The spices and condiments used as well as the portions served differ
from region and region.
If you want to
devour the thali, you can visit any Indian vegetarian restaurant and order for
one at an affordable price. Though the thali is mostly vegetarian, there are
also some restaurants that serve non-veg thali. There is chicken thali, mutton
thali. In chicken thali, you can opt for boned or bone-less chicken thali.
However, the vegetarian thali is perennially popular among foodies all across
the world. Daal is a permanent dish that is included in most thalis from
different regions. It is usually cooked with few vegetables and lentils. If you
are having the south Indian thali, you will be served sambar with dosa.
Indian vegetarian food is a culinary description of the Indian
diversity. The Indian bread, popularly known as the Naan, is relished by food
aficionados all across the world. Another item that forms an integral part of Indian
vegetarian food is the chapatti. Chapati is the thinner version of the Naan. It
strongly resembles the Mexican tortilla wrap.
thali restaurants are
making a brisk business in the western countries. Compared to other family
restaurants where dining is mostly expensive, these thali restaurants are
popular as they are not just affordable but also provide a plethora of
scrumptious meals. Indian vegetarian food is savoured by non-vegetarians too
because of its palatable taste.
- Article Marketing - How to Gain Popularity Online
- Bidding For Payroll Business With Price Quotes is Gaining Popularity
- Beyonce's Diet Gains Popularity Because it Works
- Use Link Building to Market Your Web Site and Gain Popularity on the Internet
- Home Internet Marketing Gains Popularity, Momentum
- Free Online Adventure Games Gaining Popularity
- Wedding coming up? These unique themes are gaining popularity among Indian couples
- Combination Plastic Surgery Procedures Gain Popularity
- Work From Home - Why This Has Gained Popularity
- Mommy Makeovers Gain Popularity
- Why Are LCD TVs Gaining Popularity?
- Leisure in Indian Society
- Tosca Reno's the Eat Clean Diet - How She Became a Swimsuit Model After Gaining 200 Pounds
- Popular Fad Diets - Here Are the Top 3 Fad Diets and What You Need to Know About Them
- 3 Popular Diets You Can Use
- Will I Gain the Weight Back After Medifast?
- 10 Ways to Gain Quality Backlinks
- Gujarati Thali (Buffer Plate) - The Nutritional Treat
- Send Rakhi, Rakhi Sweets and Pooja Thali Worldwide
- Vegetarian Indian Meal Ideas For Students
Indian thali- why is it gaining popularity? have 694 words, post on www.articlesfactory.com at July 23, 2012. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.