Although as ugly as carbuncles, this season’s Formula One carsparadoxically look like they’re going to deliver a vintage year ofracing.The longest ever F1 season, with 20 races planned, could proveto be one of the best, too – at least judging from the first GrandPrix in Australia.Jenson Button triumphed in style, leading from start to finish.That win makes the Brit favored to be the new world champion of2012, because in every year since 2007, the victor when theinaugural race was held Down Under also went on to win the driver’stitle, too.But the beauty of this weekend was that the intense,close-fought nature of the race also suggested that, this year,history might not be much of a guide.Here are five pointers it offered for the season:—This year’s Grid of Champions isn’t an empty promise, a mere F1marketing ploy. Having six former world champions racing togetherfor the first time in the sport’s history could have been a majoranticlimax if they didn’t have the wheels to match the hype.But Button, Lewis Hamilton, Kimi Raikkonen, Fernando Alonso,Michael Schumacher and defending champion Sebastian Vettel all seemto have decent or half-decent cars, close enough in their racingperformance in Melbourne to hint that this year might be moresuspenseful than… Read full this story
- What are the secrets to Mercedes' F1 success?
- Lewis Hamilton shuts down Michael Schumacher question as he closes on sixth F1 world title
- 2012 Horoscope - Prediction for All 12 Zodiac Sun Signs
- 'I've had a LOT of help to look like this at 60!': There have been rumours of cosmetic tweaks over the years, now, ahead of a milestone birthday, the Duchess of York finally confesses all... from Botox and two types of facelift to stem cell therapy
- F1 Game 2012 Mods
- Momo Racing Wheel Top Gear for F1 Racing Games
- The Blue Jackal and the Lion, HistoryTools, Fruit&Fun - Most Promising Apps of 2011
- Rows, bloopers and scoops: John Humphrys’ 32 years at Today
- An Overview of the Best New Cameras For 2012
- Make New Year Resolutions & Planning with 2012 Calendar
Column: Buckle up, 2012 promises vintage F1 year have 343 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 19, 2012. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.