In keeping with a season in which it has made an art of winningthe hard way, here’s how Manchester United should collect the lastpoint it requires Saturday to knock Liverpool off that famous perchthat two decades ago looked unattainable.United plays with half a brain for 45 minutes at Blackburn andgoes two goals down. Alex Ferguson, as sharp at age 69 as freshlysqueezed limes, conjures yet another cunning plan and rejigs histeam in the second half (Ryan Giggs in goal, perhaps? After all,that’s one of the few positions United’s model veteran has notplayed this year). United scratches out the result it needs in thedying minutes, perhaps with a goal from the best bargain of theseason, Javier Hernandez.Not pretty, not terribly convincing, but so fitting.The Premier League champions in all but name are not the mostglamorous or most talented of the umpteen teams that Ferguson hasbarked, beaten and bullied into shape in the quarter-century thatthe soccer-holic Scotsman has worked week-in, week-out to overhaulLiverpool’s mark of 18 league titles. His is a single-mindedpursuit that would make weaker men blanch.Which, in a way, also makes this team one of his best. Makingdiamonds shine is easy. Making gems of lesser stones takes a lotmore elbow… Read full this story
- Free-scoring Man United already looks team to beat in EPL
- Chelsea beats Man United to reach FA Cup semis
- Is Bailey May leaving Star Magic for Now United?
- [GIFS] How Man United Shot Themselves In The Foot And Got Outfoxed By Leicester City
- Tri United 2 pulls out surprises, sure wins
- Man United beats Reading to reach FA Cup quarters
- Man United set for future with Moyes in charge
- Wizards win 3rd straight, 120-91 over Magic
- New witness comes forward contradicting sexual-assault allegations against Peyton Manning
- The many faces of boy-man Rodrigo Duterte
Magic 19 for Man United: How did it pull this off? have 294 words, post on www.foxsports.com at May 13, 2011. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.