I’ve been gardening for over 40 years and studied horticulture at Michigan State University. Everyone has a favorite flower, and mine happens to be roses–I have over 75 in my garden and am active in the Detroit and Downriver Rose Societies. I also love to experiment with various tomato varieties in my quest to get the earliest fruit.I became a Master Gardener in 1995 and an Advanced Master Gardener in 1997. It’s important for gardeners to share with their community, so I teach second graders in Taylor, Michigan about gardening and advocate for community gardens in the Detroit metro area. In addition to my work with Organic Gardening magazine, I write a gardening column for the Heritage newspapers in Southgate, MichiganJANUARY”In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous”—AristotleSeed Starting Tip. Start cauliflower, leek and geranium seeds early this month.Check Your Bulbs. Check any tender bulbs you have stored for the winter. Discard any that show rot or shriveling, and mist those that appear to be drying out. Store in a cool, dark location.Have a Redesign In Mind? Now is the time to redesign any beds you weren’t happy with. Use graph paper to plan several designs for… Read full this story
- We love to criticise the United States, but guess what? Their public schools are better than ours
- United States sending aircraft carrier and bombers to Middle East to deter Iran
- It’s Officially a No Go Between Russia and the United States on Syria
- Who are Iran's allies in a potential conflict with the United States?
- Report: United States Cancer Death Rate Sees Largest-Ever Single-Year Drop
- What the Iran tensions with the United States mean for gas prices
- Russia beats United States, Aussies sweep Canada at ATP Cup
- Revealed: The 12-month cleaning calendar to keep YOUR home sparkling in 2020 - including decluttering in January and tackling 'invisible areas' in June
- Scooter-related injuries are spiking in the United States, study finds
- Garden Calendar: Camellia gazing, succulent show and water-saving workshops
Monthly Garden Calendar for Midwest United States have 330 words, post on www.rodalesorganiclife.com at December 21, 2010. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.