Photo of a photo: A tourists takes a photo of the Kim Lien Pagoda photo at the Net Co Thang Long exhibition in HCM City. — File Photo
HCM CITY — A photo exhibition of historic Ha Noi relics, including works from the 11th-20th centuries, is on display at the HCM City Fine Arts Museum.
The Viet Nam Fine Arts Institute organised the exhibition Net Co Thang Long (Ancient Beauty of Thang Long), which features 120 photos of architectural and sculpture works.
The featured items were chosen from Ha Noi’s most prominent relics, from the Ly dynasty (1010- 1225) to the Nguyen dynasty (1802-1945), including the Mot Cot (One-Pillar) Temple, Kim Lien Pagoda and Van Mieu Quoc Tu Giam (Temple of Literature).
Sculptures like the Ly dynasty lion statue of Ba Tam Pagoda and the statue of the Goddess of Mercy from the Mac dynasty (1527-92) help HCM City residents better understand the plastic arts of Ha Noi.
Ly Thai To, the first emperor of the Ly dynasty, moved the capital to Thang Long (now Ha Noi) from the Hoa Lu Citadel (in Ninh Binh Province) in the 10th century.
In 2008, Ha Noi had a total of more than 500 communal houses, 600 pagodas and 300 temples containing more than 25,000 antiques, mostly art works, according to the Ha Noi Relic Management Board.
The exhibition opens at the HCM City Fine Arts Museum at 97A Pho Duc Chinh, District 1 until July 30. — VNS
- Photo exhibition demonstrates green future of biomass energy
- Brooklyn Beckham steps out for photo exhibition in London while ex Hana Cross parties at Miu Miu's Paris Fashion Week bash following 'split'
- News and World Report: VN – spotlight in FDI attraction in ASEAN
- Coach Sequin Spotlight Handbag
- How Lottery millionaires spend their money: Exhibition to mark the game's 25th anniversary reveals how winners have created their dream lives - including a champion dog breeder and a race car driver
- Natural Light Photography Techniques in Taking Better Digital Photos
- Jennifer Aniston cuddles up to musician Dave Matthews in new photos posted to her Instagram
- California university looking into photo that 'appears to demean undocumented students'
- Printing, packaging exhibition opens in HCM City
- Tourism campaign launched with photo contest
- Kylie Jenner Used The "Rise And Shine" Meme To Promote Her Kylie Skin Products And, Well, Touché
- His Most Famous Exhibition (The Splendor of the Medium) - Makoto Fujimura
- Photo-synthesis! Fern learns to take selfies as plant nicknamed Pete by powering a camera's fuel cells with bacteria it pumps into the earth
- Hubble telescope captures the best photo yet of the interstellar comet Borisov as it hurtles through the Milky Way at 110,000 miles per hour
- Amy Jackson sings Happy Birthday to newborn son Andreas to mark one-month milestone in sweet video as she gushes baby boy has 'completed' her
- LeBron James enters spotlight as NBA-China rift continues
- Stamford JCC gallery to host Anita Wasserman exhibit
- Silvermine exhibit to explore healing power of art
- Library exhibit offers glimpse into J.D. Salinger’s life and work
- Kurtenbach: Assault allegations against Trent Brown put Jon Gruden in the spotlight… again
Photo exhibit shines spotlight on Ha Noi have 495 words, post on at July 21, 2010. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.