Keeping fit and healthy is the aim of all human beings. If you want to live and enjoy the life you have been blessed with then ensuring you are in good health is very essential. Good health comes with…
Keeping fit and healthy is the aim of all human beings. If you want to live and enjoy the life you have been blessed with then ensuring you are in good health is very essential. Good health comes with taking care of yourself be it your body, mind or soul. Taking care of all three involves eating right, being involved in the right amount of physical activity, thinking right and being happy. When it comes to the aspect of physical exertion and exercising, Yoga comes into the picture.
Yoga is an ancient form of staying fit by performing a few asanas or moves which involve stretching, concentrating and breathing in the right manner at the same time. Yoga was first practiced by saints in ancient India and today it has emerged as one of the top methods of staying fit and healthy and also a means to lose and manage weight. Yoga is a series of movements which is done with a holistic mindset, a clear heart and relaxed breathing. The same importance is given to breathing in the correct manner as is given to performing the stretches the right way.
Yoga looks at self development with discipline, confidence and an earnest effort. Yoga is considered good for your body because the kinds of movements it involves are for the benefit and limberness of each and every part of the body. Yoga is considered good for the mind because it involves meditation. An integral part of yoga involves medication and some experts say you cannot do yoga correctly if you do not tune your mind to meditate. Meditation is a state of mind which is completely relaxed.
You keep your mind focused on your breathing, on good and happy thoughts which build confidence and you stay clear from your day to day problems and other negative issues. The mind becomes relaxed, refreshed and rejuvenated after a session of deep meditation.
Yoga is an art which makes you connect with your Creator, the one supreme force or power which created you, sustains you and nourishes you. When you connect with your Creator through meditation and expressing thanks, your soul is nourished and refreshed. The soul is that invincible part of your being which although has no physical form yet its nourishment and development is considered essential for the well being of the entire being.
Yoga has many health benefits. It develops the immune system and provides for better blood circulation in the body. It provides control over anxiety, stress and also depression. It helps in weight loss and weight control. Yoga helps in detoxifying the body and also helps to cure many ailments such as arthritis, heart disease, chronic fatigue, back and joint pain. Yoga reduces tension and stress, helps in concentrating better and also better creative thinking. Yoga enhances flexibility and aids proper balance.
- International Yoga Day 2020: Taapsee, Shilpa, Malaika & Others Encourage Fans To Stay Fit With Yoga
- International Yoga Day 2020: Taapsee Pannu suggests meditating during solar eclipse, Malaika Arora says yoga helped in ‘toughest moments’
- REVEALED: The secret behind Chris Hemsworth's stunning 60-year-old mother Leonie's ageless good looks
- Yoga For Headache: 20 Yoga Asanas To Help You
- Tantra students reveal how they were sexually assaulted and pressured into group sex by a guru at a Thai yoga retreat who claimed the abuse was a 'ritual' for achieving enlightenment
- New Study Shows Benefits of Yoga for Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- How to Create an Inviting Yoga Space at Home
- These are the apps Apple wants you to use on Yoga Day
- A campervan yoga tour of Ibiza
- Best one-minute health hacks to boost your body and mind for life
- Try adding yoga blocks to your fitness routine for better stability
- Yoga belts to help you increase the resistance while stretching
- Amazon Freedom Sale: Save up to 60% on yoga mats, straps & other yoga essentials
- Lenovo relaunches Yoga laptops with Intel 11th-gen, AMD Ryzen 4000 CPUs
- Kelly Bensimon, 52, shows off her fit bikini body as she takes her puppy for a walk in West Palm Beach
- Good news for men! Practicing simple challenges improves multi-tasking and allows the brain to process information quicker, study finds
- 'Mind-blowing' moment two humpback whales breach right next to father and daughter's boat off Newfoundland
- Advertorial: Bangalore Future Positive: A good support system
- 49ers’ Kinlaw, big man with small ego, good-naturedly explains growing pains
- Gabrielle Union shows off her taut midriff in laced-up black Good American activewear as she works out in home gym
Why Practicing Yoga is Good For the Mind, Body and Soul have 794 words, post on www.articlesfactory.com at January 5, 2010. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.