No one would have imagined that a simple act of carelessness by the chief engineer of the train would have caused the accident. As it came to light, chief engineer Sanchez was accused of text messaging his friends just minute before the crash. What prompted him to do this silly act while he was in charge of the train? Wasn’t there an automatic collision detector in the train that would have alerted Sanchez resulting in him preventing the accident?The National Transportation Safety Board investigators immediately swung into action and by Sunday evening, they could be seen spotting the tracks nearby the site of accident to search for vital clues. On the other hand, Metrolink spokesperson Denise Tyrrell attributed the accident to Sanchez’ careless operation.11 Federal Investigators were trying hard as they could to get vital clues that could help them determine the cause of the crash. Till now, the only clue they had was that Sanchez was text messaging but that could not possibly be counted as an evidence till the time Sanchez’ cell phone was retrieved. The investigators were also checking the accuracy of the signaling systems, but drew a blank, as the systems seemed fine.Rescue team workers recovered… Read full this story
- Chinese Authorities Express Condolences Over Deadly Train Crash in Taiwan
- Emiliano Sala's family urge faster progress in crash investigation
- Tourists injured in Machu Picchu rival company train crash in Peru
- Putin Extends Condolences to Egypt’s President Over Deadly Train Crash – Kremlin
- Brexit 'train crash' warning from Vauxhall boss Tavares at Frankfurt motor show
- Turkey Says GNA Forces Training is Legitimate and Will Continue
- Technology could cut train crews from 2 to 1 but is it safe?
- Family skeptical about integrity of San Diego State investigation into student’s death
- FAA adviser says buried report that highlighted 'design shortcomings' and instead blamed pilots for 737 crash in 2009 should have 'woken everyone up' to issues that caused fatal Boeing 737 Max crashes
- U.S. agency to determine cause of 2018 fatal Tesla 'Autopilot' crash
California Metrolink Train Crash - Investigation Into the Cuase of the Accident Continue have 339 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 24, 2008. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.