A previous heart attack, advanced age, and diabetes are all factors in developing congestive heart disease. While all of these medical conditions are treatable the damage done to the heart muscle cannot be reversed. Congestive heart disease is the hearts inability to supply enough oxygen and nutrients to meet the needs of the human body. It is commonly caused by a weaken heart muscle, hardening of the arteries, some lung diseases such as cancer and emphysema. Over five million Americans suffer from this disease and it is believed that over half of them will die from their condition within the next 5 years. Congestive heart disease is the leading cause of hospitalization among senior citizens. A previous heart attack, advanced age, and diabetes are all factors in developing congestive heart disease. While all of these medical conditions are treatable the damage done to the heart muscle cannot be reversed. Another risk factor that cannot be changed when dealing with congestive heart disease is having a genetic disposition to the disease. Genetic testing and knowledge of the complete family history can go a long way in indicating whether or not congestive heart disease is something that should be a concern for… Read full this story
- Professor Tom Marwick answers your questions: Heart disease, diabetes and COVID-19
- Asthma is absent among top Covid-19 risk factors, early data shows
- Obesity Is One of the Highest Risk Factors for Severe Coronavirus — Especially for Young Adults
- Obesity and coronavirus: is obesity a risk factor for Covid-19?
- Asthma No Longer Considered One of the Greatest Coronavirus Risk Factors, but Doctors Warn to 'Stay Vigilant'
- Malaria infection, risk factor for increase COVID-19 fatality — PSN
- Cholesterol drug reduces death in men without heart disease
- Coronavirus surpasses cancer, heart disease to become L.A. County’s No. 1 killer
- COVID-19 brings a ‘perfect storm’ of suicide risk factors: economic stress, isolation, gun sales
- Florida governor: Look at risk factors as the state reopens
Risk Factors for Congestive Heart Disease have 327 words, post on www.articlesfactory.com at August 9, 2008. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.