To guarantee your success and website’s longevity online you need to do something that tickles your fancy, pick a topic/niche or market that you know a fair bit about or at least read up on it. By making a site out of a hobby or something you enjoy doing you will will always set yourself apart from your competitors. However, it’s important that you do realize that you need to be in a market where there’s money.
If the only hobby or liking you have is to collect burnt matches, it would be disastrous to create a website around that. But if you have a hobby or liking that is profitable, you are lucky. This likeness will also make you update your site regularly and you’ll never get stuck with a dead domain that gone all stale seeing that you stopped updating it.
Another thing you need to watch out for is copying another site or site concept, just cause that site seems popular doesn’t mean that you’re copied version will be. The thing is you’ll probably get bored with the site before it’s even live, I see it everyday… you see a site you like, then attempt to build a similar version of the site, but sooner than later no more inspiration go into the site and it’s DEAD!
Follow your own Ideas, dreams, hobbies and aspirations – and don’t even start with, “I don’t have any”, everyone has a dream or something that you are seriously good at. Some people are lucky and they are good at a lot of things, go grab a piece of paper and write down what you think you’re ok at and what you think you are really good at. Now go to a few of your best friends and ask them to be honest and tell you what they think you are good at.
After you have compiled some kind of list, start by finding a similar niche or market to what you are good at. Also you need to see if there is a affiliate program that go’s with the product or service you’ll be promoting.
Probably one of the most important things when it comes to small internet startups is the quality info and content you offer your visitors – Is it relevant to what they are searching for, will it help them, is it gonna solve their problem or do you simply provide them with useless fact and info. By offering relevant and good quality content you will gain the trust of visitors as well as search engine dominance.
Make sure you gain the trust of visitors and then after schooling them on your topic you can send them to a product or service page that is also of good quality and relevance. By now they see you as an expert and authority in that field so make use of it and you’ll soon see a lot of affiliate sales and online commissions.
The most important thing of all when it comes to a website’s online success is it’s visibility.
Tips to increase your websites visibility:
1. Add a Google sitemap to your website (this is so Google can crawl all the links on your website). Just Google the term “Google Sitemap” and you will receive several sources which will aid you in setting one up in minutes.
2. Start a blog. If you are a complete newcomer, then visit Blogger.com to set up a blog. Blog about your topic, but add content which includes tips and helpful information which accompanies the topic you are covering. Then link to your website or relevant pages from your blog.
3. Learn Copywriting. This is a vital skill that will enable you to write in such a way as to grab your visitors’ full attention. There are several online courses (even free) ones that will assist you on this subject.
4. Submit articles to directories such as this one. Again…provide tips along with a link to your website.
5. Learn Search Engine Optimization. This will help you rank well in the search engines for specific terms you wish to target.
- Calculate Tips And Split Bills With These Beautiful Smartphone Apps
- US government says Roger Stone ‘undermined’ Russia inquiry
- Hook, line and sinker: How I fell victim to phishing attacks - again and again
Simple Tips To Succeed With Your First Website! have 732 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 8, 2008. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.