FIRST QUESTION: What do Cosmopolitan, FastCompany, The Wall Street Journal, 20/20, and Inc. Magazine all have in common?
Each of those publications featured me as an expert because they all read my blog. I didn’t send them press copies of my books. I didn’t “pitch” them. They came to me. Because blogging gives value.
So, why aren’t you blogging again?
SECOND QUESTION: What does the number 497 mean to you?
Probably nothing, right?
Well, for mean, 497 is the number of times I’ve posted on my blog.
In other words:
o 497 hits on Google
o 497 (more) hits on Google than other speakers who DON’T blog
o 497 press releases (but better)
o 497 instances of delivering value
o 497 reinforcements of my brand
o 497 ideas for future speeches and products
o 497 validations of my expertise
o 497 expansions of my expertise
o 497 reasons for the media to inquire
o 497 opportunities to build community
o 497 opportunities to stay in front of fans
o 497 pictures of you giving speeches and working with clients
o 497 modules to be used for future books, speeches, products
o 497 (more) links to my website
o 497 moments of (not selling, but) enabling people to buy
So. WHY aren’t you blogging again?
LAST QUESTION: Why would speakers post pictures of themselves on their own blogs?
1. The pictures show you doing what you do. This provides social proof that you are a REAL speaker, effective and “out there.” Anyone can claim to be a speaker, but with pictures of you in front of audiences, it reinforces what you do.
2. People see what they missed. Make your blog post almost like a review of a concert that came to town. Discuss highlights, funny moments, even screw-ups and interruptions. Make readers say, “Wow, that sounded awesome!”
3. Content generation. By making notes about each speech and recording them on your blog, you are managing you content for future speeches and books. It’s all about knowledge management!
4. Attract new customers. When people read about how you helped a certain organization, they’re going to say, “Hmmm…I wonder if he could do that for my group? Maybe I should give him a call…”
5. Customer service. By blogging about your speech, the venue, the client and the audience, you compliment your customer. Be sure to email your main client/meeting planner and tell he or she to read the post. It’s the best thank you note in the world!
LET ME ASK YA THIS…
Why aren’t you blogging?
LET ME SUGGEST THIS…
Email me and I’ll tell you how to get started.
- Justice (retd) Amir Hani Muslim-led commission to start proceedings today
- Shoppers bemused as Easter eggs start to appear on supermarket shelves
- BLOG: German and American scientists win Nobel Prize in Physics 2017
- Rail commuters face their biggest increase in fares in five years from today
- CHRIS KIRWAN: Restraint won't last forever, Dragons' PRO14 woes heap pressure on for a fast start next season
- Today's North Wilts Front: Tributes flood in for inspirational mother
- Today's North Wilts Front: Tributes flood in for inspirational mother from Malmesbury
- Jackman: Dragons didn't give Ebbw Vale crowd reason to cheer
- Teenage suicide show 13 Reasons Why adding warning video
- This is the reason Prince George won’t ever make a best friend at his new school
- Bright start for Ipswich market at its new home on town’s Princes Street
- North Berwick duo to start Edinburgh Rugby's crucial Pro14 clash
- After incredible effort to crowdfund £30k, bobsleigher's Olympic dream becomes reality today
- Most Inverclyde schools reopen today
- Demolition workers start to clear former city Sainsbury’s site
- Parents slam council over late decision to shut schools in Inverclyde today
- UPDATE: No trains to North Berwick today
- Intimate piercing ban for under-18s starts today
- Repair work to start on historic Selkirk kirk
- Argus-backed pressure group, which successfully campaigned over bus safety, marks 25 year milestone today
497 Reasons to Start Blogging TODAY have 632 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 5, 2007. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.