Iconic actor and Oscar-winning director Clint Eastwood is to be honoured with the Jack Valenti Humanitarian Award from the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) next Tuesday (February 6).The director of modern classics “Mystic River” and “Million Dollar Baby” is the first individual to receive the award, which aims to honour “work that has reached out in a positive and respectful approach to all countries”. MPAA chairman Dan Glickman said that the 76-year old has “for decades” exemplified “decency and goodness of spirit in his moviemaking”. Glickman also praised Eastwood’s two 2006 releases, “Flags of Our Fathers” and the Oscar-nominated “Letters from Iwo Jima”, Uncut’s Film Of The Month for January. “These [two] films exemplify the true power of movies to tell human stories and inspire national conversation,” said Glickman.Eastwood will receive the accolade during a private dinner, which will conclude with a first-of-its-kind industry symposium, The Business of Show Business.The Jack Valenti Humanitarian Award is named after the Jack Valenti, chief of the MPAA for 38 years until his retirement in 2004. Valenti also helped to choose Eastwood as the inaugural recipient.
- Grammy Award winning singing star Jessye Norman dies aged 74
- Victoria Beckham cradles a child and visits women in a slum in previously unseen images of humanitarian trips to South Africa and Kenya released to mark International Day Of The Girl
- The inspirational stories behind the Heart Awards 2019 winners
- All the winners at the 2019 Hull and Humber Tech Awards
- Britain's best curry houses revealed: UK's top places to tuck into a Chicken Tikka battled it out - but did your local make the list?
- Scottish Rural Awards 2020 move to Glasgow
- Web Awards- And how to choose
- Youngster who fed homeless person is up for award
- Sunday Mail Sports Awards: Jemma is in the running for top prize
- Teaching assistant makes huge difference to nervous little girl
Humanitarian award to make Clint’s day have 302 words, post on www.uncut.co.uk at February 2, 2007. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.