City Skylines Image Gallery The San Francisco skyline provides a magnificent backdrop to the famous “Six Sisters,” a series of Victorian houses on Alamo Square. See more pictures of city skylines. ©2006 Christine Krieg Every summer, the vendors of San Francisco’s Chinatown and Fisherman’s Wharf make a killing. Not off of souvenirs, dumplings, or bread bowls filled with piping hot chowder. Nope, the money pours in for the cheap sweatshirts. Why? Because so, so many people forget the most important detail about visiting San Francisco: the weather. Who can blame them? Weather is boring, and especially when there are plenty of other things to think about — which galleries have good shows coming up, what’s on at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, which restaurant is being buzzed about, when does crab season start, and where can I catch a great rock show? Whew. Lots to do, but none of it’s going to be much fun if you’re shivering on top of Nob Hill in shorts and a T-shirt as one of the Bay’s bone-chilling winds whips across yet another June day. So get thee to Chinatown, wrap yourself in a bright yellow Golden Gate Bridge sweatshirt, throw on… Read full this story
- San Antonio Burger King location is the only in Texas serving the special 'Ghost Whopper'
- Halloween Event Guide 2019: South San Francisco, Peninsula
- TripAdvisor Adds 30 More Destinations to City Guides App
- Week 7 NFL game picks, schedule guide, fantasy football tips and more
- Week 8 NFL game picks, schedule guide, fantasy football tips and more
- Pot tourism becoming more mainstream in some parts of the country
- Ginny NiCarthy, 92, Author of Guide for Battered Women, Dies
- T Suggests: Animal-Shaped Jewels, a Hotel With a View and More
- Thanksgiving Turkey Trots 2019: Guide To Best In California
- About Those Vanishing Trump Signs
San Francisco City Guide have 307 words, post on adventure.howstuffworks.com at September 19, 2006. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.