So you’ve finally decided to join the counter-culture and get yourself a wicked-looking tat on the likes of Angelina Jolie, Justin Timberlake, Sean Connery, Michael Jordon, or our own Desi handsome hunks, Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt? Read on!Some years back, the magic of signature henna treatments along with seductive body marking /body piercing used to be adored by brides at celebrity weddings. However, of late, the elite/upmarket Indian males are getting branded by tattoos/scarifications/body piercing on each and every part of their bodies, from the face to the genitalia. Such practices, which today are the latest fashion fads of the gen-Y, were an integral part of a deeply symbolic, centuries-old tradition around the world among tribal communities. Interest in tattooing and body piercing has surged during the past ten years, spawning a new aesthetic of personal appearance for umpteen young people.Blame it on the movies, the showbiz world, the photographic shoots, or the global fashion/ramp shows, body marking with tattoos are “in”. Indeed, a lot of it has already been featured in the media. Everybody seems to be talking about how celebrity henna/tattooing/body piercing artists are touring the globe and making their marks in the movies and popular culture… Read full this story
- Dear fellow tattooed people: Lighten up
- Day 1 of Pune Times Fashion Week had a glamorous start!
- The #MeToo scandal fashion forgot: How Mario Testino was a royal favourite feted by the glitterati until he was accused of molesting 13 young men
- Aaron Carter Debuts New Face Tattoo Amid Family Feud
- Lots of black but also pops of glitz in Grammys fashion
- Sondland’s opening statement at House impeachment hearing
- Happy Birthday Rekha: Why Her Fashion Is So Intriguing
- Chance the Rapper has nothing to fear but FOMO itself
- How Karl Lagerfeld Became the Master of the Celebrity Fashion Universe
- New 'smart skin' may let you reach out and virtually touch -- anyone
Let Tattooing Be A Personal Fashion Statement, And A Chance To Establish Your Individuality have 316 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 26, 2005. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.